So I was looking for that pre-order material stuff...

AbkaDefKey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so long story short, I heard around that the pre-order bonus stuff for RPGMVXA (which WASN'T pre-order only in Japan) is available for any owner of RPGMVXA to use now. I heard I have to provide proof of purchase before any staff are willing to send me the link (reasonable, of course). How do I do that if I bought RPGMVXA via Steam?

AbkaDefKey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Uh... okay, um, I guess I had seen stuff about you posting otherwise in the past. I feel like I've been kind of ripped off, seeing as the japanese version gets it no matter what.

So much for that, I guess.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
The Japanese version only gets it via Hard copy boxes I believe.

You can try asking in support.

Last edited by a moderator:

AbkaDefKey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Japanese version only gets it via Hard copy boxes I believe.

You can try asking in support.
All righty, but support asks for my product key. How do I find that on a Steam copy?

AbkaDefKey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, they said it's "no longer available". Never mind that it was available a year or two ago according to a number of other individuals at the time. So much for that. I guess there's no way I'm ever allowed to access the resources then, huh?

I'll be honest - I'm kinda mad. No, not just kinda mad, really mad. I feel ripped off, and there's of course nothing I can do about it.

But since it doesn't matter what I say, I'll just shut it.

Unless anyone knows the reason WHY it's no longer available. That would be great; support was never told WHY.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's what a preorder bonus is. Something just for people who preorder. If it's available after the official release it's not a preorder bonus.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Unless anyone knows the reason WHY it's no longer available.
We have had one store and one server migration since. There were a few files from very early on that did not transfer properly -- which is why there are a couple of games in the forum store that are discontinued, as well as why the pre-order bonus is no longer available for download. That bonus was (and always had been) released in a limited scope of time, and never guaranteed to be permanently available.

Will it be made available again? Possibly. But I don't have an ETA or any details beyond that. I will post on the forums if or when it happens.

In the meantime, please take a look at our resource showcase, as well as several other sections of the forums. There are a lot of high-quality resources that are shared freely.

AbkaDefKey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the info, Lunarea. A co-dev said he might have gotten the stuff emailed to him back in the day - if I understand the ToS correctly, they can be used in the game so long as one of the developers has the license, correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Transferring over the character creation to MMO MV is going okie-ish, but slow~ Mainly image assets reformatting/reworking I have to do to work in this engine is a pain. XD At least the MMO battles works pretty well so far! Woop woop! :kaoluv:
At this point I'm sorta convinced that the joke "they mix something in the cafeteria food" may be true. Like, every single person seems to be dozing off in class right after lunch...
Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FenixLuciferum