OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just wondering if Yanfly went out of business or just took over and renamed it Visuastella since it's on the Yanfly website. I know that he had trouble with fools in the past so I'm only wondering.

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As a newcomer late to the scene, as I understand it Yanfly worked alone on MV, but with MZ is actually part of the VisuStella team. Not sure how many people are on that team and how large Yanfly's role is, but as an outside nowhere near the loop, that's what I've figured based on what I've seen here and there.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VisuStella has been around for quite some time producing resources. Yanfly's MV plugins were ported to MZ under VisuStella. So were some plugins from other creators. Yanfly did not take over VisuStella.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok thanks, that clears it up at least. Thanks. Well hope the ball of fluff is doing well.

HankB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is VisuStella a Degica subsidiary? Do the makers of RM make money when someone pays for VisuStella products?

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a podcast episode by Benny of RPG Maker Cola, where Yanfly & VisuStella answer these questions themselves.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is VisuStella a Degica subsidiary? Do the makers of RM make money when someone pays for VisuStella products?

Cool, thanks. That seems good.
This puzzles me ... I'm not sure why it would be bad even if they did.

If you have to pay for a resource, what does it matter to you who profits from it? Whatever their arrangement is, it is their arrangement, and does not affect your use of it one way or the other. It doesn't make it a better or a worse resource. And any arrangement would have been agreed to by everyone involved.

HankB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have to pay for a resource, what does it matter to you who profits from it? Whatever their arrangement is, it is their arrangement, and does not affect your use of it one way or the other.

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter, since Degica isn't making money off the VisuStella plugins. But since you asked, I'll explain.

I see it as a matter of business ethics. You know how annoying it is when airlines charge you for all these ridiculous things that really should just be included? Things like blankets, printed boarding passes, or a "fuel surcharge"? Or when you get your cable bill and it has all these weird, hidden fees? It sucks. Everyone complains about it.

If Degica was charging $79 for RMMZ but then also making $100 from the VisuStella plugin bundle (so you can have basic, everyday RPG type of stuff, like WASD, diagonal movement, footstep sounds, etc.), then that would strike me as the same type of thing. I don't think people should have to shell out more money just so they can move diagonally.

But apparently Degica isn't doing that, which is why I made the comment "that seems good".

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Degica doesn't charge $79 for RMMZ. Gotcha Gotcha Games (formerly Kadokawa) does, as they are they makers of the engine. Degica is just the western distributor.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I do get the point HankB was making, though.

Ok thanks, that clears it up at least. Thanks. Well hope the ball of fluff is doing well.
Yanfly has functionally retired from the community (thank god! It's been long overdue for the poor guy). He's still around here and there but the running of VisuStella is out of his hands now (and has been left in some really good ones).

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I do get the point HankB was making, though.

Yanfly has functionally retired from the community (thank god! It's been long overdue for the poor guy). He's still around here and there but the running of VisuStella is out of his hands now (and has been left in some really good ones).
I felt so bad when he retired, I remember it being under a somewhat stressful circumstance. Though it may have just been he retired around the same time stressful stuff was happening. I don't know the entire internal machinations. :D

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I felt so bad when he retired, I remember it being under a somewhat stressful circumstance. Though it may have just been he retired around the same time stressful stuff was happening. I don't know the entire internal machinations. :D
Technically Yanfly was supposed to retire at the end of MV. He'd never intended on coming back for MZ but he was persuaded. XD I don't know of anything going on besides him being kinda burned out on the community stuff, and he seems to be doing well now, so I don't think there's anything for you to be concerned about. :)

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Technically Yanfly was supposed to retire at the end of MV. He'd never intended on coming back for MZ but he was persuaded. XD I don't know of anything going on besides him being kinda burned out on the community stuff, and he seems to be doing well now, so I don't think there's anything for you to be concerned about. :)
Oh okay, I was just misunderstanding some stuff. Glad he's doing well.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png
I always smile to myself when I see someone do the "immediate halt and spin around" from forgetting something. I find it sort of endearing how we all do it without ever being taught to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ratbyte