Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some may be wondering why haven't they seen me for a while. Truth is, recent events, personal business and laziness caused me to spend little to zero time here.
But I was thinking I would return. It were actually more recent events that made me declare an official departure of the Dark lord of Javascreeps and probably the harshest criticist in the whole community.

Essentially, I've found a new girlfriend and she's been taking all my time.

Nah, as if :D But when I joined, it was because I wanted to learn more about programming. And thanks to mainly Yanfly, Soulpour777, HIME, Jonforum and MushroomCake this mission was a success. But I don't think there's anything left it can offer me, so for the past 5 months I've been trying so hard to set up a different engine based on C to get to move on with my skill level to the point I almost gave up. But I finally managed to succeed. So, what does it mean for me and this community?

After I finish setting up the engine completely (still a couple of basic edits I need to do with it), I'll finish some unfinished business I have here. I will still continue with my MV Javascript tutorials, although in slower pace. I will not however participate in helping people here with the Javascript side of the program and neither will I create any new plugins, both for free and as commission. You can still hit me up in DMs or discord for some pointers if need-be. But you will likely not see me get back to anywhere near full activity at least until a new RM comes out.

Even though I've had rough times with the community and I've made friends and enemies as well, I've still enjoyed my stay here. I reached top 10 in likes. Not sure how high am I on the hate list, since there are no official data. :D The only thing I know is, someone told me once that the rpg maker community would be better without me. Now you have the chance to prove it. :D

Farewell. Not sure if for now, or forever.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Nooooo we need you here to creep the newbies... Hahahahaha. Lolz jk, good luck on your new endeavors.. I've been thinking of making my own engine way back too but its just too troublesome.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I'm not making my own engine, I just found an open-source engine made in C and I'm slightly modifying it before I build on it. :D

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Well, I'm not making my own engine, I just found an open-source engine made in C and I'm slightly modifying it before I build on it. :D

Oh I see.. I thought you were making one from scratch lolz XD

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sad to see you leave. I truly hope that you'll be back someday (or at least more active in the community)! We had some good times together!

I don't know who the hate came from, nor would it be productive to start pointing fingers. All I can say is that I'm sure most people here (for those who know you) like you! You shouldn't let a minority ruin your time.

With that said, I totally understand that you're looking for a new mission, a new endeavor. I wish you luck and success in your new pursuit, and if you ever feel like coming back (even if it's just to chat with people) we will welcome you with a big hug!

Best of luck!

MushrommCake28

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko That would be too much of an ordeal, considering my lack of skill in C. :D

@MushroomCake28 With my character I'm bound to make enemies sooner or later wherever I go (in fact initially I expected to have already been banned by now when I first came here due to strict rules). I don't sweat it too much though and it is not a contribution to why I am leaving at all. In fact I didn't even expect to leave, because thanks to MSVC being a totally unfriendly software it took me 5 months of useless trying to make the engine compile properly (C code just won't compile in MSVC) and I was almost ready to give up, because it was the most user-friendly code I'd found.
If you want to chat, you can always catch me on discord. I'm still in the rmWeb server and won't leave it, even though I'm not particularly active in there.

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to say that I'm watching through your YouTube tutorials, I'm on #7, and I'm really grateful for them. I've been learning so much from them so I just wanted to thank you. Wishing you the best in your future projects!

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Really hoping to see more of you in the future, Poryg! I've enjoyed our conversations a lot.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@xDRAGOONx Thank you. And don't worry, tutorials won't stop being made, I just won't make them as quickly.

@Wavelength Understood, I'll periodically check status updates :D

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your MV scrpiting tutorials were what made a lot of the javascript for the engine make sence to me, they are very useful. It will be a sad to see a familiar face go, but here's to wishing you good luck on your future endeavors! :LZSjoy:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@dragoonwys Tutorials will still pop out :D So I'm still going to be here, even though I won't be here. I'll be like Shrödinger's Poryg.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But when I joined, it was because I wanted to learn more about programming. And thanks to mainly Yanfly, Soulpour777,
Why would you even give any credit whatsoever to a plagiarist like Soulpour777? If you looked through his (lol) plugins, then you should know that most of that credit should go to Moghunter instead.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Animebryan Yeah, but what he did not plagiarize were MV Javascript tutorials.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No, you haven't passed my message count yet :mad:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe one day. :D

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Poryg I am very sad to see you go, but I'm excited for you and your future. It sounds like you're improving your skills all the time.
Let me say that your tutorials are pretty much responsible for my plugin making skills today. Honestly, without your tutorials, I think I'd still be way further back in my understanding. I almost definitely wouldn't be making custom menus or other plugin stuff that I can make now.

I'm glad you won't disappear completely, but still sad to see you go.
Best of luck to you, Poryg the RPG Maker

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've found many of your posts to be helpful and to the point, and I've watched a couple of your tutorials too. I'm sad to see you leave the forum, but hope you have fun with the new engine!

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks a bunch for all the conversations, and the plugins over the years! Ephemeral Tale wouldn't be what it is today without your ability to see through my bullshit :)

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're welcome :D

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To be honest I've been harrassing people for help in js all of one week here actively and already have seen the amount of effort and help you put into the community. Heck to this day your previous posts help me out!

As far as a certain heavy critic, I've already identified one person I'll try to stay clear of as they are rather overbearing and strongly opinionated, but I never saw more than common humaning from you yet! <3 90% of the community is amazing so far!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lpfer