So my battle system is weird

mobroski33

That one guy
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So my problem lies within the battle system of my game, and i cant understand why this is messed up. so in the battle menu you have

Attack

Special/Skills/Whatever you set it as

Guard

Items

so thats all fine and dandy but I cant find the special tab in my battle menu. does anyone have an idea of what happened?

aliensalmon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Add the skill type to the actor or class.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's working exactly as intended.  Look through your Database.  The "Terms" tab contains the different Skill Types.  The "Skills" tab is where you create each skill and determine which Type it is.  The "Actors" and "Classes" tabs (specifically the Features box on these tabs) is where you assign your characters the different Skill Types they can use (you can also set the individual Skills on the Classes tab).

Also, you have consistently posted things in the wrong subforums, I think.  If you need help with understanding how a program works, or want to know how to do something, post in the appropriate "Support" Subforum - such as this one for Ace.  Don't post in Game Mechanics Design, Program and Utility Discussion, or Game Development General Discussion.  I know the names can be really confusing sometimes, but there are pinned threads in most of these subforums to explain what kind of topics belong there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luspeon