So my first post on here... intimidated a bit D:

cane_danko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Well, not sure what all we can post on here, but yeah I work with rpg maker vx ace. I actually did 

the rpg maker 2k and the psx version way back when... I have a project going but I am hesitant to 

post it up because I dunno if it will seem to noobish... Though, that being said I would like some constructive criticism so I can work on making it a great game so feeling stuck in a paradox :D

Here is a few pics of the project... I guess lemme know what you think if you would be interested in test playing it when I get it a bit more balanced. I have been working on it longer than 5 months but I took a break on it in december and just now back working on it.Game 2013-07-16 07-25-35-47.bmpGame 2014-04-21 23-18-20-38.bmpGame 2014-04-21 23-19-24-49.bmpGame 2014-04-21 23-20-47-46.bmpGame 2014-04-21 23-33-24-58.bmp

Attachments

Solo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No need to feel intimidated. Welcome!

Also, RM2K rules!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Don't feel intimidated or nervous my first post totally was horrible but people were very nice about it.

cane_danko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thank you, Solo... I need to get familiar with posting and getting to know some friendly faces is awesome!

Clydous

Slowly moseying my way back...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heyo! Welcome to the forums! Make yourself at home, and do well to ask whenever you need help with something (after using the search feature)! Again, welcome! =D

cane_danko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Thank you guys so much really. Feel free to add me trying to get a demo going of my game soon and will also test play yours in return or whatever else is needed that I am able to do for you :D

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome.

I think you'll find that this is a very helpful forum to be a member of, and people are more than willing to give constructive criticism, so don't be anxious about posting.

Once you find your way around the structure of the site you'll be able to get help quickly.  For your queries about your game, there is a section specifically for getting feedback in the early stages of development.  It's here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/48-early-project-feedback/  You'll get feedback more quickly there than in this thread.

Also, it is very helpful to people who might want to give feedback if you post images that we can see straight away, rather than have to download - especially for those who have daily limits on how much they can download.  If you put the image on Photobucket, or similar, then link to it from your post, everyone can see it straight away.

Good luck with your project.

cane_danko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
thank you for the very useful tip ksjp.

If you put the image on Photobucket, or similar, then link to it from your post, everyone can see it straight away.
 I will start doing that from now on :D

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No need to feel intimidated here!

All you need is to be friendly with others and they will return your kindness. It helps to be active in the community too.

As for an image host I'd suggest imgur which will let you upload something right away without any need to create an account.

Make sure to copy the image url and paste it into this forum's image command.

I'll add you if you want any advice with game creation. I'm willing to play any demos as well.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, since Arkecia pointed me here, I'll test your game soon and give you constructive criticism (through a PM).

Don't worry I'm not harsh or anything (or maybe I am sometimes but I'm still polite and kind), I'll just be honest and give some advices\hints to help you into improving the whole thing.

Oh and you're more than welcome! Don't feel intimidated, just be yourself and you'll be fine! This community is awesome.

btw, thanks for the friend invite!

But I have to warn you, befriending the RMW Devil you've done the biggest mistake ever! :D

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Welcome don't feel intidmidated xD Rmweb is like a big big big familly ;w;...most of people here are kind !

the two only big advise i can give you ~

it is

: don't be a rear end in a top hat and people will be kind with you ;w;!

2 : Watch out ~to never criticate the rtp character Ralph or you will regret it xD

why? because a lot of people here love ralph and they consider him like a god >:3

personnally I am a mrrn  lover~

and LOVE THE RTP CHARACTER ! x3

Solo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Speaking of RTP characters... I miss Fess, Alex, and Zack. :(

I've heard murmurings of an official conversion of 95/2K/3 resources to modern format. That would be awesome! It'd be even better if they did the music, too. RPG Maker 95 actually had a pretty decent soundtrack! And, well, so did 2K/3, of course.

cane_danko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
special thanks to arkecia and dalph especially for help with my project. it is super awesome of you guys!

austingrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
People here are actually approachable. Don't worry about it too much and enjoy. Welcome. 

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Welcome and good luck with the game balancing.  That's probably the hardest and most tedious part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.
Sigh :( ... displaying numbers representing the stats of the PCs for a custom menu in rm2k3 is haaaaaaaarrrd!!! DX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevechtrs