So, uh, what's this RPG Maker Unite thing?

arsMori

Drawer of Images
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh man what an announcement to wake up to... I'm not too familiar with Unity but this seems really interesting! I like how in one of the screenshots, you can see that the characters are now in a vastly higher resolution (it even looks 3d), so it'd be helpful for those who want to make a topdown RPG but not want to stick to pixel assets.

MelonMintGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks really interesting! Definitely following this.

CraneSoft

Filthy Degenerate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not gonna lie, this kinda made me glad not getting MZ after all.

DX12 sounds great. Pretty excited to see more.

Shikamon

The Fateless One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
so it's possible to import any unity plugins and resources ? like proper action battle system? platformer ? shooting games?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ill slide this here from the official JP website it's an asset store products so it's will be integrated into unity so scripting will be pretty much like Unity I think

so it's not Unity gonna be working like RM it's an
RM that will behave inside of Unity ecosystem so any plugin from Unity should work in Unity

Unless they rewrote some stuff but generally they wouldn't need to rewrite stuff
1644895699782.png

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
ill slide this here from the official JP website it's an asset store products so it's will be integrated into unity so scripting will be pretty much like Unity I think

so it's not Unity gonna be working like RM it's an
RM that will behave inside of Unity ecosystem so any plugin from Unity should work in Unity

Unless they rewrote some stuff but generally they wouldn't need to rewrite stuff
View attachment 216344

Oh, that's good to read, so it is a plugin for unity. That's interesting. I'll keep an eye on that for sure. Would be lovely if it eases some parts of the game making while still being able to get in there and change the scripts or add to it, especially as I'm familiar (on a beginners level) with C# programming in Unity but not with javascript and RPGM, haha XD

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well....that is unexpected I must say. I'm curious, but I think I'll stick to MZ for longer. I drives me crazy that they release new maker every year or two (yea, it's a plugin for Unity, I think), and you need to change everything then. BUT! I'm happo of course, will buy and check this for sure... Btw default characters are ugly as hell :D

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i'm not surprised with RPG Maker Unite, i was thought about what happened if RPG Maker & Unity (or other Engine) are merged, so that's it.

we still don't know about the Mechanism of Mapping, Eventing, Databases, Scripts & Animations, so we have to wait in next week or month.

Edit: i think i'm not get that engine for the future (absolutely not until i got the better Machine), still sticking in MV & MZ (i don't want my Laptop cannot running them, like what happened at my old Laptop running MZ since one night after MZ Release the Demo)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
drives me crazy that they release new maker every year or two
they don't - there are different makers for different hardware targets like PC or console.
the PC based RPG makers have been constantly released once every four or five years for the last two decades.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
they don't - there are different makers for different hardware targets like PC or console.
the PC based RPG makers have been constantly released once every four or five years for the last two decades.
Maybe I have this feeling because I have been in rpg maker too long for years (almost 15 I think) :aswt:

Last edited:

Beewo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks like it can be fun to use, looking forward to when it releases and I can see some examples of its use.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A new rpg maker again? Feels like MZ was just released.
It seems like this is just a side thing for people who were already using/familiar with Unity. MZ is still active and being updated.

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I agree with Thrihan's post, especially since in the screenshot nio kasgami posted up there writes 'This is a seperate plan from RPGmaker' which means that it might be closer to the Console versions, new stuff involved but not quite actually the new next RPGmaker

HalcyanStudio

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yet, if they do this the right way, it has the potential to become very popular, especially for those who aim to make commercial games. I did't move my project to MZ. But if somewhat possible, I might move it to Unite.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Everyone keeps going on about DX12 but there's also Vulkan which is more open, which BTW is compatible with Linux..
I'm hoping a Linux version is coming.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chappy