So, unless there's an image tiles cannot 'disappear'?

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And... tiles can't be animated, right?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't understand your title question.

1) What does a tile that "disappears" do? There can't be a hole in your screen, so there must always be an image of something. It is absolutely possible - via plugin - to change what tile is in a given place on the map.

2) Only tiles on the correct location in the tilesheet can be animated like water; however, you can always just put an event on top of a given tile and give it an image that's animated via walking instructions.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, you can use an event as a tile without problems - if you scroll down the sprite list you'll find the B-E tiles of the current map listed (Autotiles from A can't be used for events)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and what does a tile "disappearing" have to do with it being animated?

Your title and post are very cryptic.

I think you might need to take the time to provide some context to your question. What are you trying to do? How are you trying to do it? What is the problem you're running into?

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Autotiles are what I'm trying to make disappear (like I could normally if I use an image and then autoswitch to no image)... so would it only be possible to turn it into an image with 'walking'?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for what function or reason?
That means for what reason you want to make autotiles disappear?

because there are workarounds, but each of the workarounds work only on specific conditions.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to make it disappear as soon as a switch is on, currently I was only able to switch a transfer.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That does not answer my question.
I have not asked how you want it to disappear but for what reason you want it to disappear, what function that disappearing should have in your game.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's implied that the switch is on because something happens, in this case an item is in the inventory...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are not being very clear :(

Are you saying that when a certain thing happens in the game, you want the map to change?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's implied that the switch is on because something happens, in this case an item is in the inventory...
again that is not what I asked.
it doesn't matter what the reason for the switch is, what matters is the difference that the RESULT makes to the game.

Do you want to block a path? do you want to make something else visible? What is the need to change the tile, why can't you leave it unchanged?

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I need an entrance to be revealed, with the tile still there and just a transfer it's not very obvious it's not still inaccessible...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is very easy and can be handled in multiple ways depending on details.
the easiest way would be an event with multiple pages on the position where the entrance is supposed to be, with one page for the revealed entrance and one page for the hidden entrance - and perhaps one or two extra pages for a reveal animation if there is one for that purpose.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's how I usually deal with images, but as a tile with no image it doesn't seem to work...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If an event has no image, its priority is set to Below Characters by default - that means the player has to be standing ON the event to active it.

If you want it to activate when the player stands below it and presses the action button, change the priority to Same as Characters.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
An alternative, which is simpler but not as fancy, is to copy that map, so you have one map with the entrance hidden and one map with entrance discovered. You may have a black screen, but I still see this technique in other games.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meow
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Shaz problem isn't in activating (just 'transfer' right now), that does with the switch, problem is with the tile itself

@Aerosys while it seems it could work, it could potentially create many other problems, e.g. when it comes to items in treasures, events etc...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
problem is with the tile itself
but why do you need the tile to be transparent at all? There is absolutely no reason to have a transparent tile with a transfer event as I explained above.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mean you want the TILE to be transparent, or the EVENT? Which tile do you want to be transparent?

Perhaps some screenshots might help.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need an entrance to be revealed, with the tile still there and just a transfer it's not very obvious it's not still inaccessible...
You have, like, four people trying to help you in this thread and you keep typing very short responses in confusing English. If you took the time to just write one detailed post with proper sentences explaining what you want to do, you would be all set by now.

So based on the above quote, here's what I think you want to do:
1) Make your map. Put an event where you want the entrance to be, the actual tile on the map will be whatever kind of ground is around it, that you can walk on.

2) Go into the event and for its image choose the blocking thing you want it to be. A wall, boulder, river, whatever they can't get through. If this is supposed to be animated, you'd figure it out with walking or stepping, but just don't worry about that right now. Make sure the event priority is same as character.

3) Make a new page on the event. On page 2, leave it with no image. In the conditions section, set the switch you're using. In the Contents box for this page is where you make your transfer event.

If you do this properly, when you first walk into the map you'll see the blocking image that the players can't walk through. Then when they do whatever needs to be done, and your switch is set, that image will disappear and they can walk onto the tile to transfer.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoomanBBQ