RMMV So You Want To Be A Farmer Demo

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by grem333, Jun 2, 2017.

1. grem333

grem333 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So You Want To Be A Farmer...

This game project was meant to be a tutorial on how to event a farming system in RPG Maker MV similar to that of Harvest Moon, but writing a full tutorial ended up taking too much of my time. Therefore, posted here is the project file that players are free to go through to learn hands-on how to event a farm system in MV. The game is short (around 30-45 minutes long), though you can, of course, continue playing as long as you like. It's a simple demo that includes some interesting evented features, listed below. I plan on using this system as the basis for a longer, full farming game for MV in the future, so if there are any bugs or features you want implemented, please let me know!!! I love feedback! P.S. This game demo took me 1 week to make, so give me credit for that, at least! :guffaw:

Game Synopsis: It's simple. You, Jack, take over a farm out in the country. Make money and marry the girl of your dreams! NOTE: Only one marriageable bachelorette lives in the town, so... yeah. Marry her. But you have to find the Ring first!

Features:
    - A fully evented farming system! Unlike other timer-based farm systems, this system is more similar to Harvest Moon. Grow five types of crops. Water them every day so they prosper- if you forget to water them, they will die! Feel free to copy/paste events from the project file into your own projects.
    - Befriend the people of the teeny-weeny Town. Give them gifts to increase their friendship, just like how you make friends in real life! :p
    - Mining! Buy a Hammer to mine ore and jewels.
    - Fish in the lake by your farm!
    - An evented hunger system.

Things That May Come:
    - Raise cows, sheep, and chickens. I may add this in later, though it will take some time to implement.
    - A use for lumber and other crafting materials (possibly).
    - More villagers and a larger village.
    - A larger mine with more secrets.
    - Bugcatching (possibly).

You Do NOT Get:
    - Animations for using tools. I have no artistic talent, so this will probably never happen.
    - Seasons. Not in this demo game, at least.
    - Fancy graphics. Right now, this whole demo is made with RTP, which I actually find quite charming. The full game I'm planning will use more non-RTP graphics.

Screenshots:
    Please let me know if the links aren't working. I was having trouble uploading images in the tutorial thread that wasn't approved.

Grow 8 crops at a time in the demo!
    [​IMG]

Fall in love!
    [​IMG]

Mine in the caves!
    [​IMG]

Meet new friends!
    [​IMG]

Reap the bounty of the mountains!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Game Project Download: (hopefully the link works!)
    https://www.mediafire.com/?9yx5e8txavvdy9c

Credits:

- HIME (hide choice options plug-in)
    - Yanfly (various plug-ins)
    - Celianna (farm graphics, help with fishing system)
    - McKathlin (game over plug-in)

2. KrisScythe

KrisScythe Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    i wonder why no one post any reply to this. i would like to thanks you for making this so that i have something that i can refer to. the reason behind the maximum of 5 types is because of the limits of event that can be done in 1 map? awwww..... wonder if there is anyway that we can break free from this.

3. grem333

grem333 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello!

I'm glad you found this useful! The reason for the limit of 5 crop types is because each event can only have 20 pages (in contrast to VX Ace, which I believe allowed 99 pages). You can get around it without a plug-in (which would make this demo obsolete), but it takes a bit of work. If you teleport to different maps each season (identical, except for seasonal changes), you can technically have up to 20 types of crops (5 per season). You also have to remember to include every single crop event for every single season in the Common Event "New Day-Crops" (or whatever I called it). I would like to eventually implement this in the demo, but I haven't started yet!

4. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    when it will come?

[​IMG]

5. grem333

grem333 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Probably not for a while! I've been busy with work, and I'm focusing on my Rustic Tales farm game for VX Ace now, as it is more complete. The crop events with all four seasons take some time to set up, too, and I really have to be in the mood to make them!

6. MonyetGila

MonyetGila Warper Member

First Language:
    Dutch, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Grem333,
    Many thanks for this setup and sharing. Lot of new fucntions I haven't tried untill now. You mentioned about a plugin for RPGMV so the event slot can exceed the 20 limit. I couldn't find any as many people wrote that this feature is hardcoded, therefore an plugin is unable to fix this issue.
    In addition, I fail to find how the variable 208 Select Item variable work. It's been used in several if / else statements for the friendship mechanic. I cannot find where this variable is adjusted to trigger the if else statement, to control it. Hope you have to time to elaborate on this.
    Thanks in advance