So you want to upload your MV game to Newgrounds/Gamejolt?

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I recently tried to upload Slime Kingdom to Newgrounds and Gamejolt to get some more buzz going for it, but I ran into an issue (see image above). I searched around for tips to try and fix it with no luck. So, in the spirit of helping, I’m making one to assist those in need.

Okay, now you’ve just finished your latest RPG Maker MV project and you want to share it as an HTML5 web game? Here’s how!

• In the menu, click File, wait for the menu to drop down and select the Deployment.
  • When the Deployment Menu Screen opens, you’ll want to click the Web Browsers radio button where it says Platform.
  • You can set the Output Location: to whatever folder you wish.
  • There’s an option called exclude unused files and you can click the boxes to encrypt the audio and visuals, respectively (along with using a password).
  • Once you’re finished, click OK.

• Once the process has finished, head over to the folder where you deployed your project to, you’ll a folder like this.
  • Click inside the www folder and you’ll these files.

• COPY all the files inside and then Paste them inside the same folder where you find the www folder. It should look like this:
  • Once you’ve deleted the www folder, you’re ready to zip (that’s zip because you’ll have to do this to upload your game to either Newgrounds/Gamejolt/etc as an HTML5 formatted game).
Newgrounds Upload:

Gamejolt Upload:

Aaaaaannndd you’re done! Hope this helped you out! FOLLOW MY BLOG FOR MORE. HAPPY GAME MAKING!!

Last edited:

BadLittleSeed

100% Organic, 1000% Evil!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aaaaaaaaannnnd bookmarked! Thanks, @Jayje!B):thumbsup-right:

Chez

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I just wanted to seriously thank you. I can't share my game on here because it has adult content and my big hopes were for gamejolt and newgrounds. It means a lot that you made this tutorial, thank you!!!

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hey I just wanted to seriously thank you. I can't share my game on here because it has adult content and my big hopes were for gamejolt and newgrounds. It means a lot that you made this tutorial, thank you!!!
It means ALOT that I could help you! Glad I was a help!:rock-left:;):rock-right:

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you zip the www folder itself and use that? (rename it first of course)

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I guess you could try that. I just kinda cut out that part to ensure less confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫
The three if us sat to watch "The day India Burned" to take notes. 10 minutes in, one went to sleep. I wanted to finish it but I couldn't stop tearing up (yawning makes me cry) so after 40 minutes I gave up. But now I'm not sleepy anymore :0
OH... OKAY... Well, VX Ace certainly never did THAT before. :mad:
Been busy with non-RM stuff, can't wait to get back into making a game.
i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neotronix