THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Questions1.jpg

I recently tried to upload Slime Kingdom to Newgrounds and Gamejolt to get some more buzz going for it, but I ran into an issue (see image above). I searched around for tips to try and fix it with no luck. So, in the spirit of helping, I’m making one to assist those in need.

Okay, now you’ve just finished your latest RPG Maker MV project and you want to share it as an HTML5 web game? Here’s how!

• In the menu, click File, wait for the menu to drop down and select the Deployment.
  • When the Deployment Menu Screen opens, you’ll want to click the Web Browsers radio button where it says Platform.
  • You can set the Output Location: to whatever folder you wish.
  • There’s an option called exclude unused files and you can click the boxes to encrypt the audio and visuals, respectively (along with using a password).
  • Once you’re finished, click OK.
    Capture.jpg

• Once the process has finished, head over to the folder where you deployed your project to, you’ll a folder like this.
    Capture.jpg
  • Click inside the www folder and you’ll these files.
    Capture.jpg

• COPY all the files inside and then Paste them inside the same folder where you find the www folder. It should look like this:
    Capture.jpg
  • Once you’ve deleted the www folder, you’re ready to zip (that’s zip because you’ll have to do this to upload your game to either Newgrounds/Gamejolt/etc as an HTML5 formatted game).
Newgrounds Upload:
Capture.JPG

Gamejolt Upload:
Capture3.JPG

Aaaaaannndd you’re done! Hope this helped you out! FOLLOW MY BLOG FOR MORE. HAPPY GAME MAKING!!

Last edited:

BadLittleSeed

100% Organic, 1000% Evil!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aaaaaaaaannnnd bookmarked! Thanks, @Jayje!B):thumbsup-right:

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I just wanted to seriously thank you. I can't share my game on here because it has adult content and my big hopes were for gamejolt and newgrounds. It means a lot that you made this tutorial, thank you!!!

OneManIndie

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hey I just wanted to seriously thank you. I can't share my game on here because it has adult content and my big hopes were for gamejolt and newgrounds. It means a lot that you made this tutorial, thank you!!!
It means ALOT that I could help you! Glad I was a help!:rock-left:;):rock-right:

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you zip the www folder itself and use that? (rename it first of course)

OneManIndie

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I guess you could try that. I just kinda cut out that part to ensure less confusion.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit
some test stuff. Empty for now. My other project (this project) needs more attention. The lagging really kicks up when I try to capture gameplay. ✨
Real-Time Battles, Pixel Filter, Animate Cursor & Menus & Windows | RPG Maker News #114

When your side job becomes more interesting than your dayjob and you think "do I quit again or finally actually do the same thing for more than five consecutive years..." I don't think I'll ever be able to say that though, I just cannot stick with one thing like you're 'supposed to'.
Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mvkgant