Solidarity

Discussion in '2014 Indie Game Maker Contest' started by PheonixDeath1, Jun 20, 2014.

1. PheonixDeath1

PheonixDeath1 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Not dropping much about my game yet other than the name of the game.

Here is a pic of the title I made for it however.

I plan to do alot of the artwork if time is allowing me too.

I will attach character art and more later I intend on animating this title.

The game will be an rpg, and I plan on trying to make it more interesting then the rest of the rpgs by not using alot of the rpg maker sprites and faces so that way my game feels refreshing also intend to incorporate puzzle solving and just nice cut scenes to make sure the game has a nice progression flow.

titlescreen 544x416.png

2. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's my very quick and sketchy take on the game (link for info on why it's so short and all that jazz)

While the game has a somewhat passable introduction with some tension, it changes tones so quickly it will give you whiplash. From tense and somber we go to cheery and joking around, for no apparent reason.

Resource mishmash is all over the place. Mapping is bad, faces are mixed up and don’t match their sprites, the characters have no charm, the writing isn’t good, and the combat is bland as can be.

Overall I could not find anything in this game to interest me. I feel like it’s a very early project from the maker, which is fine as a way to learn and experiment, but as a player I can’t say this game was engaging in any way.

3. PheonixDeath1

PheonixDeath1 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Whoa i found a video of you playing the game on youtube that led me to this post. Thanks for the feedback. It was my first time using RPG maker since it was cheap with the bundle, but it is nice to get feedback and see how to improve.