Hangman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Solitude

Abstract: Explore a spooky mansion while encountering phantoms.

Genre: Thriller/Puzzle

Average Demo Time: Demo time can range from 15 minutes, to an hour depending on how fast you find everything and solve puzzles

Game Progression: This is going to represent about 20% of the actual game so far.

Recruitment: Writer. Maybe Artist. Maybe Musicians.

Story / Setting / Purpose:

There is not much of a story in the game, as I am working out the ways to implement them. The setting is a large Gothic mansion, and the purpose in the demo is to find the a way to free the girl you find in the first screen.

Character Bios:

There are currently only three characters in the game. The first is ‘Regi’ whom the player controls. Backstory is yet to be finalized. The other two are NPCs. One, a nameless girl whom is seen in the opening screen, and the other is a set of black phantoms that are encountered throughout the mansion.

Credits:

Malign Chords-  Patrick de Arteaga.

Ancient Dungeons- Celianna

Kha’s Awesome Lighting effects- Khas Arcthunder

Victor Basic Engine- Victor Sant

Scene Combine- Efeberk

If your work is used and I didn’t list it, contact me and I’ll add it.

Screenshots:

PkAkFey.png
Jx5DFE6.png
V7HqH8p.png

Features:

Combine items to solve puzzles

Hidden puzzles to uncover more story

Emphasis on exploring to progress

Download:

http://www.mediafire...litude DEMO.exe

Known Issues:

No known issues aside from text/selections being hard to see against the darkness.

Last edited by a moderator:

IamGilgamesh

Game Developer - Rapper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Playing right now. Just a lil discrepancy I noticed, I won't put it out there cuz its a spoiler. I dunno how to do this 'hidden content' things you click to see it in the posts, my bad.

I just finished the demo. I like the combination system. The darkness was just a tooooouuuuuch too heavy for me. Overall tho, I like the game. I also like the lack of explanations. Keeps it mysterious. Reminds me of the Hugo games for DOS, but without being too much alike. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Hangman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Playing right now. Just a lil discrepancy I noticed, I won't put it out there cuz its a spoiler. I dunno how to do this 'hidden content' things you click to see it in the posts, my bad.

I sent you a private message regarding this.

I just finished the demo. I like the combination system. The darkness was just a tooooouuuuuch too heavy for me. Overall tho, I like the game. I also like the lack of explanations. Keeps it mysterious. Reminds me of the Hugo games for DOS, but without being too much alike. 

Thanks for the kind words! The darkness was a very hard element to balance, since I wanted to keep the mansion dark enough to keep the atmosphere and tension in tact, while still keeping enough lighting to make the game play-able. 

IamGilgamesh

Game Developer - Rapper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Its playable, but its more like circles of visibility inside of pools of pitch black, instead of like a dark rook with very little light.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Generate 27 Plugins in 1 File | RPG Maker News #106

Feeling cute, might make an essay on the presence of Malaise in the gaming industry. idk
Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?
I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiYe