Event Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Introduction

Solo Shooter is a simple Top-Down Scrolling Shooter. It currently features a short story and some other things. Be sure to check out the features list and updated screenshots.

Original Introduction-

So I thought it was about time I posted a topic on this. It's really not getting much attention, and I doubt this will help but oh well. At least it will give me a place to post about any updates we decide to add.Also, I apologize for all the bugs. Being as burnt out as I was when I packed this, I tested it on my computer instead of a virtual machine as usual so it located the missing files on my computer. It's not excuse, just my explanation. I will be fixing the problems over the weekend and adding more, but I won't have internet access all weekend and I haven't had access to my computer since I made v1.00 so I won't be able to provide any fixes until Monday (20140707), or if something unexpected happens Saturday (20140705). Thank you.
Downloads

Information

Solo Shooter is a short Top-Down Scrolling Shooter (Shoot 'Em Up or what have you) built on the RPG Maker VX Ace engine. Due to personal reasons my personal project was scrapped so lunium and myself did this over a night.

Story

Aliens have descended upon the Earth and General Sam Shooter the only pilot left. Does the fate of the world rest on your hands?

Features

• Short Story
  • Training (essentially endless with 1000 waves of enemies)
  • Temporary High Score Table
  • More to come...
Screenshots

v2.00 Screenshots-

v1.00 Screenshots-

Bugs/Warnings

• The game currently crashes after the first level due to missing audio (not something I can fix since I'm not home right now.) Never mind, made a temporary fix for it.
  • Currently, the enemies on each map are randomly generated. Don't bother learning their placement.
  • Bug where if you press any of the arrow keys during the cut-scene you might need to press 'down' before you can continue through them.
  • Currently the levels are really easy
  • Game Stalls before third level

Changelog

v2.00 [20140706]-
-Made a new window for menus
-Start Menu Created
-Used Yanfly scripts for Save Menu, Settings, and other backend things
-Training added
-Temporary High Scores Made
-Lots of backend alterations and script changes

Older-

v1.03 [20140705]-
-Game now ends if you lose
-Fixed Forced Termination to work only during play tests

v1.02 [20140704]-
-Fixed stall before stage 3
-Fixed issue where cut-scene flashed a moment before stage 3 begins
-Removed more unneeded files
-Fixed issue if you use arrow keys during a cut-scene

v1.01 [20140703]-
-Minor Fix for Missing Audio

v1.00 [20140630]-
-Initial Release
Credits

Coding
Enterbrain

Hikimoki (http://hikimoki.sakura.ne.jp/)

Yanfly (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/)

Graphics

Zombie Survival
[Copyright]© 2013 ENTERBRAIN, INC;
artist: Lunarea.

High Fantasy Resource
[Copyright]© 2014 ENTERBRAIN, INC;
artist: PVGames.

High Fantasy Main Party Pack 1
[Copyright]© 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC;
artist: PVGames.

Rural Farm Tiles
artist: Celianna.

RTP

artist: lunium

Story

lunium

Music

RTP
[Copyright]© 2013 ENTERBRAIN, INC;

Planned Updates

• More Bug Fixes
  • Make a Proper High Score Menu
  • Make Free Mode
  • More Bonus features to unlock besides Free Mode
  • Saving your High Scores && and a place to view them
  • Endless Mode
  • Better balancing of levels and difficulty, and other background things
  • Other Things

Downloads

v2.0 - Major Changes
v1.01 -Temporary Fix for Missing Audio

IGMC Page && v1.00

Final Notes

I'd appreciate any feedback. Obviously it doesn't matter for the contest anymore but all the same I'd like to polish this up a bit and add more to it. Any suggestions would be appreciated also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acetonide

Event Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hm.. I'm pretty sure it's been more than 72 hours since I posted this.. I'm pretty tired right now so I'm not positive. I apologize if it hasn't been that long. ._.'' It should have been though, since there was a three day weekend and I couldn't get online.. I still feel weird bumping though... ._.'' Guess it wasn't popular.

Any who, v2.00 is released. More updates to come... I won't mention more than what's already there since I don't want to make promises I can't keep, especially as my knowledge of Ruby comes from just playing with scripts, and about 30 pages of a book on Ruby from a very chatting author, so I only have a basic grasp of a few key concepts.. Dx

tldr; Version 2.0 is out.

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
I'm now surprised the possibility of RPG Maker series. Shooting game with vertical angle? I've seen some but this game's angle is good. 

Going to play your game on rest of this week!

Last edited by a moderator:

Acetonide

Event Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks. I'm trying to push out another update to add Free Mode which I left out, but at the same time I'm also working on some other things so it might be delayed. u.u'' 

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
Enemies in your game are all bosses's pattern. It's pretty hard. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
Recently posted a demo of my game online. Now I have no idea what to do with myself o_O What is the reason for my existence now...
I'm feeling a lot better this week. Some of the rules in my country for isolation changed a little, so I was able to see friends in person again, which was a huge relief. Thanks everyone for giving me some sympathy last week when I was having a rough time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilami202