quackgyver

I make retro games for astrojone.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gave it another shot from another angle.
1. You can use standard Vehicle Boat.
2. One Event with Trigger: Parallel
3. Eventcode:
View attachment 154166
4. As far as i could see, the Timing is perfect for a Party of 4 (Hero + 3 Followers).
5. We could adjust the Code with conditions of how many Followers there are and accordingly change the needed Wait Time. Atleast if we dont run in any other Problems around the next corner.

Sorry iam no pro, helping others can sometimes also be a learning expirience in which one takes the wrong directions at first. Its late and i wasnt at home, so i cant implement the Conditions now, just wanted to show the progress.

Edit: I could not realy reproduce a difference when entering a vehicle boat while sprinting or walking.
EDIT2: Detailed Feedback on what is working and what is not working like you want it with this code, could help me fix it. Lets just Test it with Party of 4, if that works fine, than i can adjust for less party members.
Your suggested solution doesn't work, because the walking and running speed of the player is not going to sync up with the wait command.

See the attached GIF, where I am mixing walking and running speed to highlight the difference.

Attachments

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see no difference while running or walking + entering the boat.
Is that just me not seeing well? Now iam curious a little bit.

quackgyver

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see no difference while running or walking + entering the boat.
Is that just me not seeing well? Now iam curious a little bit.
Yes there is a difference.

See the attached images.

Attachments

Reactions: Bex

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, i cant notice this difference, but i maybe have an idea to fix it.
We try a condition if run button is pressed or not, and depending on that we change the wait.
Starting to get entering the vehicle correctly is a good start, the other things could be tryed and added step by step.
boat_simple_start_test_2.PNG

quackgyver

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, i cant notice this difference, but i maybe have an idea to fix it.
We try a condition if run button is pressed or not, and depending on that we change the wait.
Starting to get entering the vehicle correctly is a good start, the other things could be tryed and added step by step.
View attachment 154176
That's not going to work, because checking for whether the shift key is pressed is not the same as checking for whether the player is running. It's not going to work for mobile games, and I'm assuming not for gamepads either.

In addition, the shift press check would always be true whenever the key is pressed, meaning that it would be possible for the player to time their key presses so that the boat boarding event is triggered independently of the key press.

I appreciate the attempts to help, but introducing a stack of hackish solutions is not the way I prefer to go with this. The one requirement is that I can actually verify whether or not the player is currently in the vehicle, and change the graphic accordingly. If this isn't possible then I'm going to take the plugin route instead.

Again though, thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it.

Reactions: Bex

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont mean to be anoying =), but here is my initial Idea with boat instead of airship.

1. The Boat Vehicle is placed and hidden in the top left corner of the worldmap, or somewhere under a Maptile.
2. The Boat Decoy Event needs to be placed on the map position where you find your boat the first time.
(That makes 1 Event for the whole Map, not like you assumed many along the shore. that is not the case.)
3. Now we need a 2nd Event. Because when you change the Map the Events will go back to their original editor position, this event is executed 1 time every time the map is reloaded, it sets the Boat Decoy on his last Position.

Speed Problem Walking/Running seems to be fixed with this.
Timing Problem depening on Group length seems to be fixed when entering the vehicle with this setup.
Walking Off the Vehicle iam not sure but i assume so.
Edit: If you need 10 boats atdifferent positions on your map, we could adjust that also later on.
boatpuzzle1.PNGboatpuzzle2.PNGboatpuzzle3.PNG
Edit: This Event does not work when you travel between map while being inside the boat, it would break the system at the moment. that would need more adjustments. So just test on one map.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm having issues with my steam account... so I can't use MZ right now, so I can't work on my game until its solved, so it be harder to be ready for 31... guess I'll get ice cream :kaopride:
Motivation! Inspiration! There you are. I was worried you guys weren't going to show up today. Let's get this thing going!
Made these new little isles yesterday, to test my new tiles. Guess they're look pretty chill...
Are your bodies ready for spoopy? 0 w0
Made a lot of progression today with my next chapter. It helps that I wrote an outline of what will happen. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cumchild