Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings one and all ,

I am here today to ask if anyone would be willing to create a plugin that makes it so your equipment in a game has a  point based Equip system ? 

to hopefully better show what i mean

player one can equip any gear that he likes as long as the total point value does not go over his max amount ( we will say 10 is his max amount)

chest piece = 4 points

Helm=2 points

2 handed weapon= 4 points

1 hand weapon= 2 points

bow=3 points

bracers=2 points

now any combination of the gear that does not go over the max amount allowed for player one can be equipped. 

he could equip: 

chest, helm ,and 2 hand weapon for a total equip amount of 10 points

but he couldn't equip chest , helm ,bracers ,and bow, cause the total would equal 11 points and at his current max amount of points allowed that total is too much.

now he could equip everything up until he wouldn't have enough points to cover the equip cost of a item ie every thing up to the bow, since till he got to the bow he had enough point to equip them.

I dont have a strong enough grasp of JS ( yet, im getting there but its hard for me,lol) to write this myself or i would , and i know that i have seen something along these lines back in Ace, but i cant seem to find something like this for MV. it really adds a unique mechanic to games.

for myself im working on a a game where the only skills you have are obtained through equipping gear, and when you take that piece of gear off you lose that skill, the ability to force a player to decide if having that one x number of points piece of gear that gives them a massive dmg attack , is better than having a full set of gear that provide a moderate dmg attack and some armor  and possible if they are smart some type of healing as well.

All in all i have no real ideal how hard this would be to code, but if anyone would be will to give it a shot , i would be eternally grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoyoubi

Plugin & Utility Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I need to look into this a bit more, but I believe you can achieve this with my Tags plugin, and Yanfly's Equip Requirements plugin. I will see if I can put something together for you. I should be able to update you by tomorrow.

Nekoyoubi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, bud. I put this together for you, but I've only had a brief moment to really test, so you may find some rough edges. If so, just let me know and I'll do what I can to fix them.

As I mentioned yesterday, this is something that those two plugins together could achieve, but since I didn't want you to have to specify custom evals for every equipment item in your game, I went ahead and made it an extension plugin of the two and threw some extra features in there.

I'll be putting the thread for it together either tonight or tomorrow, but I didn't want to make you wait, so here you go: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nekoyoubi/NeMV/master/NeMV_X_ActorEquipPoints.js

Again, this requires both YEP - Equipment Requirements and NeMV - Tags be placed above it in your load order. Also, read through the help, and you should be able to figure the plugin out fairly easily. If not, just let me know. ;)

Thanks, and happy equipping!

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings, 

As of yet m i havent tested this , but after looking over the Plugin..just wow, it looks amazing and as far as i can tell ( with out actually testing it ) it looks like it will work. 

( havent tested it yet cause the main system i use is being repaired, and i dont have MV installed on the laptop )I have to say thank you for the quick and what looks like an amazing response.

Nekoyoubi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, Cazziuz. I just posted it on the Stitch Gaming site and the master list. I still haven't made the thread here, but I'm working on it. Sorry for the delay in all that stuff, but there really are a lot of hoops to jump through for deploying a plugin. ;p

I hope you get what you need out of it, and if not, please let me know so I can either make corrections/alterations, or so I can better explain how to use it.

Nekoyoubi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, wow. I just noticed you are in Harlan. I was born in Harlan county. ;)

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow Small world,lol 

technically i live in Baxter, but its considered part of Harlan 

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I may be doing something wrong but i cant seem to make it deny me the ability to equip  piece of gear.

I set the tag on the actor to : 

<Max Gear Points: 4>

i set the tags on the gear the way you said to in the examples in the help file.

and kept all the other values the same( for testing on my end)

put some gear in a chest,tested the game ,and nothing. maybe im doing something wrong ? 

Nekoyoubi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other than the obvious culprits: are the plugins all three enabled, and are they in the right order; the other things that come to mind are pretty much what you mentioned here.

Your items need to be tagged (tags that align with the tags in the params), your actor needs the max type tag, and then assuming you have the YEP plugins needed (there may be stacked requirements here, as I know that Equip Requirements requires Equip Core at least).

Other than those, I'm not sure off the top of my head, but if you'd like we can get together for a diagnostic session, and I'll see if I can figure out the issue. I'll send you a message with details separately if so.

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Nekoyoubi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah! I see the problem. You've got YEP_ItemCore.js there instead of YEP_EquipCore.js.

From what I can see, everything else looks great. Hopefully that's all that was wrong, and it all goes smooth from here!

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

it keeps me from equipping Gear now ,lol 

one more question..how would you suggest making it so it shows the point values? ( both the max allowed for the hero and the cost of the gear ? )I ask simply becasue i know players will be like WTF ?? this game is broken it wont let me put on this piece of gear!!!!

Nekoyoubi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly's Lunatic Mode for Equip Requirements may be able to help there, but I'm reluctant to attempt to add that one on my own, as I do want to keep the plugin broad enough to serve many needs, and the equip requirement and its notification will likely be unique per game.

I can tell you that you can access the max and current equip points per type via script, but you may need to look through the AEP source to see what calls would be needed for your situation. I know, off the top of my head that these two will help:

Game_Actor.getEquipPoints('type');
Game_Actor.getEquipPointsMax('type');

Those should be usable in Yanfly's Lunatic notetag below as:

user.getEquipPoints('gear');

Here's an excerpt from the Equip Requirements page...

Code:
Lunatic Mode – Custom Equip Requirement Text

For those with JavaScript proficiency, you can use these notetags to alter the text displayed in the Requirement Window.

Weapon and Armor Notetags:

<Custom Equip Requirement Text>
text = user.name() + ' has used this sword since young!\n';
text += 'This is another line for the text!'
</Custom Equip Requirement Text>

For those who would like to write custom text for the Requirement Window, you can use this notetag. Text codes are allowed here. Use \n for line breaks. If you plan on using text codes, \i[4] would appear as \\i[4]. Whatever value the 'text' variable has at the end will determine the text that will be displayed.

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ahh, thank you , i will get it too work :)  all in all amazing Plugin and thank you for the help when i had a derp moment :)

Nekoyoubi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Never a problem. I was playing around with what I posted there, and I was able to dig out the values and present them in the reqs screen with the following. Remember to arrow over to get to the Requirements listing.

Code:
<Custom Equip Requirement Text>
text = "Current Gear Points: "+String(user.getEquipPoints('gear'))+"/"+String(user.getEquipPointsMax('gear'));
</Custom Equip Requirement Text>

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
..that is epic, truly epic, i cant thank you enough 

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you increase the gear point cap? Is there a plugin command or script call for that?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Frostorm , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I think you're better off making a new thread with your question, as the plugin author hasn't been online for years.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasasewamobilbali