[Solved] Add state to state (passive state)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I am using Yanfly's passive states and I am basically using it to add/increase certain states/stats when you class change.

Thing is, I wanna have the passive state make regular attacks/skills add abnormal states (Bleed is an example). Ive added it as a Attack State/State Rate, which increases (I hope) when class changing.

Here are the images:

It should be a total of 33% chance to cause Bleed by the time you become a Berserker.

I've added it as a State Rate as well because I wasnt sure what was happening.

Its not applying the state. I know I'm doing something wrong. Lol Help?

Last edited:

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you just failed the RNG check, did you test it in battle with increase rate to see if it actually work?

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you just failed the RNG check, did you test it in battle with increase rate to see if it actually work?
Possible. I've been playtesting it and only got to the second class so far. You think I should do a test battle instead?

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Possible. I've been playtesting it and only got to the second class so far. You think I should do a test battle instead?
Do a battle test on a dummy to see if it work.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do a battle test on a dummy to see if it work.
Nope. I did 6 tests. Nothing. But if i add the state to the skill, it works, but I want this to affect all skills/basic attacks that the specific player does.

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shouldn’t you just have the attack rate at 33% instead?

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shouldn’t you just have the attack rate at 33% instead?
I could, but then I would need to adjust all the other skills. I wanted it to stack on each other and increase as you achieved each class. But if that's the case...

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could, but then I would need to adjust all the other skills. I wanted it to stack on each other and increase as you achieved each class. But if that's the case...
Ah, I was under the impression that each passive are an upgrade to each other, so they don’t stack.
So basically you want all three passives to be on the same actor?

Last edited:

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I was under the impression that each passive are an upgrade to each other, so they don’t stack.
So basically you want all three passives to be on the same actor?
Basically.

How it works is the first passive will be on Harold from the very beginning. Then, once he goes over to the dark side and achieves his second class change, the second passive is added to the passive list and when he gets his final class change, the third one is then added as well.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
possible way is to remove the passive state and upgrade to a new one with increased
attack boost.

in theory is should work, but if it doesn't stack, make a starter state -> upgrade state -> upgrade 3
so when he change to a new class, the pevious state get removed, and applied a new state
with increase damage.

that is the best alternate solution I can think off.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
State rate on a state affects how easily that state is inflicted upon the battler who has it. To increase their chance of inflicting a state, you use attack state.

How are you currently adding the states on class change? I don't see any passive state tags in your screenshots.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
possible way is to remove the passive state and upgrade to a new one with increased
attack boost.

in theory is should work, but if it doesn't stack, make a starter state -> upgrade state -> upgrade 3
so when he change to a new class, the pevious state get removed, and applied a new state
with increase damage.

that is the best alternate solution I can think off.
I see what you mean. Makes sense. I will look into it

State rate on a state affects how easily that state is inflicted upon the battler who has it. To increase their chance of inflicting a state, you use attack state.

How are you currently adding the states on class change? I don't see any passive state tags in your screenshots.
I figured that's how it worked, but thought maybe i didn't understand. Happens a lot. :/

Its added per class, instead of via events or other stuff:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That should theoretically work, then. Are you sure the attack state isn't being applied?

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That should theoretically work, then. Are you sure the attack state isn't being applied?
I added Bleed at a +1000% Attack State and it wont even apply with regular attacks. The enemy dosnt resist the state and I even found that the weapon I was using had Bleed resist, but i took it off and that didnt do anything.

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added Bleed at a +1000% Attack State and it wont even apply with regular attacks. The enemy dosnt resist the state and I even found that the weapon I was using had Bleed resist, but i took it off and that didnt do anything.
Are you using the regular attack skill?

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using the regular attack skill?
I am replacing it with a separate Attack Skill via note tags. Would that be a problem? At least when they job class change.

Here:

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am replacing it with a separate Attack Skill via note tags. Would that be a problem? At least when they job class change.

Here:

Let me see the skill.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let me see the skill.

And before you say anything, yes it doesn't have a Bleed Attack State because I want the chance to cause the bleed state to go up as they advance in classes. It USED to have the Attack state and it would apply, but the rate wouldn't go up as they would advance classes.

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

And before you say anything, yes it doesn't have a Bleed Attack State because I want the chance to cause the bleed state to go up as they advance in classes. It USED to have the Attack state and it would apply, but the rate wouldn't go up as they would advance classes.
Add a normal attack state to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you cure sleep problem? It has been 7 months and it's 3 AM now..
Darn you, Seals! Why do you gotta be so cute when on land?:kaoluv:
So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnthonyDewitt