I ruin memes for a living
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eglish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good day everyone.

During some play testing I found a bug with this script (Yanfly Follow up Skills).

Whenever I have an actor that have the auto battle flag active (In my case in the class tab) actors ignore any follow up note tags.
But without the auto battle flag. The actors perform the follow up skills perfectly.
I have been removing several scripts to try and find the issues when it was not a script's fault.

Now it might be wise to mention that I am using almost all yanfly scripts (without the core) and Automatic Battlers script from Victor Engine.
(yes I did test this without any Victor Engine scripts).
I am not sure if that would conflict a snippet script.

Could someone please fix this?
Thank you so much.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just did a quick test and with only yanfly follow up skills script the functions worked normally.
One of the other scripts is causing a conflict.

Devildimos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eglish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just did a quick test and with only yanfly follow up skills script the functions worked normally.
One of the other scripts is causing a conflict.
Thanks for the quick test.
Mean while I was removing yanfly scripts one by one until I found the script conflicting it.

When I remove Yanfly Class-System and the Follow up skills worked normally.

I started a new Project and place Yanfly Class-System scrips and Follow up skills script, it works normally.

I have no idea which script is giving me problems now.
Would you mind If I private message you and send you my project?
(while posting the results here when we find a fix)

Devildimos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eglish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you Roninator2 for helping me fix this.

The ATB/Stamina Based Battle System Script by Fomar0153 was interfering with the Follow up skill.
As Roninator2 told me
"The atb was not working properly because once the hit was successful the atb stamina was 0. When the follow up skill applied it lowered it to -1000, so you have to wait for the bar to get back to 1000 before it would take action again."

Here is a fix. Just place it below the follow up skill script.
Ruby:
class Game_Action

def check_auto_battle_class
    return false unless subject.actor?
    return false unless subject.auto_battle?
    return false if item.nil?
    return false if subject.added_skill_types.include?(item.stype_id)
    return false if item.id == subject.attack_skill_id
    if subject.actions[0].follow_up == true
      subject.actions[0].follow_up = false
      subject.stamina = 1000
      return false
    end
    return true
  end

end # Game_Action

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry not 100% accurate. What I said there was the follow up problem when I fixed the follow_up issue.
no pun intended.
The original issue was the game_action valid? method inside yanfly class_system script.
Once that was fixed the second problem that I told you was what I was saying in the PM.
So no issue but yanfly atb was causing an issue which was only found after getting the follow_up script to work.

Devildimos

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eglish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry not 100% accurate. What I said there was the follow up problem when I fixed the follow_up issue.
no pun intended.
The original issue was the game_action valid? method inside yanfly class_system script.
Once that was fixed the second problem that I told you was what I was saying in the PM.
So no issue but yanfly atb was causing an issue which was only found after getting the follow_up script to work.
I am sorry about that, I should have posted after I sleep. :oops:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Introducing the premium bagel
I have a micro economics midterm tomorrow. I'm not worried.
Should be a...small exam :kaojoy:
While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)
Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTank