Not open for further replies.

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just imported all the free dlc stuff on RPG Maker MV on Steam and i have kind of a problem. When i go to the sound test only a few songs appear.Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 13.21.06.png
Then, when i start playtesting, this pops up:Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 13.25.27.png
I didn't even put Theme 6 as the title theme!
The game folder still has all the songs in it, both with ogg and m4a.
I really need help with this. The error also popups every like fifth second.
If anyone has any idea what's happening and how i can fix this, please tell me!

(Also, sorry if anyone has already asked this. I couldn't find any solution for it so i decided to just ask.)

EDIT: I also get a popup every time i try to playtest saying '"RPG Maker MV" would like to access files in your documents folder.' This might be related to the previous problem, since it doesnt seem to be able to access the documents folder.

EDIT 2: Okay, it turns out the files were on icloud and not on the mac itself, so i've solved it.

Last edited:

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah this is a common beginner's mistake. The bgms must be in your project's directory, not in Steam's or MV's. You have two ways to do that: In Windows File Browser drag&drop all the bgms (ogg and m4a) into yourgame/audio/bgm or use the Resource Manager of RMMV, click on DLCs and select all the BGMs. The manager should copy-paste all the songs into the correct directory.

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah this is a common beginner's mistake. The bgms must be in your project's directory, not in Steam's or MV's. You have two ways to do that: In Windows File Browser drag&drop all the bgms (ogg and m4a) into yourgame/audio/bgm or use the Resource Manager of RMMV, click on DLCs and select all the BGMs. The manager should copy-paste all the songs into the correct directory.
It is already there though, i explained it poorly. The music is in the game folder and the songs aren't appearing. Edited the original post.

Also i'm on mac almost forgot to say that!

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hm then I don't know. Have you tried yet to reproduce this error on a fresh new project?

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm then I don't know. Have you tried yet to reproduce this error on a fresh new project?
Nope. Not yet.

Edit: It might be a plugin causing it now that i think about it.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No plugin in this world can hide BGMs from the editor. Plugins only affect the running game.

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No plugin in this world can hide BGMs from the editor. Plugins only affect the running game.
Well, turns out it was just icloud backing up the files, so i've solved it now.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made a cool pixel render of my protagonist!
I think it looks neat.
RCXDan wrote on Leporine's profile.
Your avatar is adorable. Where is it from? :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana_saa