Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Package.json looks ok, what about index.html?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They indeed do not contain the version, but I think that would be the perk of MV trial version in order to make a game recognizable that it's from MV's trial version
if there is no version number then that means the project core is of version 1.0 The trial can simply be activated to full version without any download by entering a purchased product key, it does not have different files.

@Jzkann where and when did you download your trial?

Jzkann

*creative title*
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Package.json looks ok, what about index.html?
sw3.png
if there is no version number then that means the project core is of version 1.0 The trial can simply be activated to full version without any download by entering a purchased product key, it does not have different files.

@Jzkann where and when did you download your trial?
I actually downloaded it time ago from the official website. I don't remember when, I only know I found it in my hard drive. Then I reinstalled it, but the problem still persists.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Impossible. Other files than rpg_core.js have the version in their header. Rpg_core.js does not have it. However, it's not 1.0, I can guarantee that.
The rpg_core.js is pretty much identical to the standard rpg_core 1.6.1 script except for:
No decrypter class
No rpg maker version number in core script.

For the record, it even has WebGL renderer, introduced in MV 1.4.0. So there's absolutely no way it can be 1.0.

@Jzkann The script order checks out. I'm officially out of options :/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't remember when, I only know I found it in my hard drive. Then I reinstalled it, but the problem still persists.
have you re-downloaded it when reinstalling? Because if that installer was much older then it might have been damaged since then. And in that case the next step would be to redownload if you haven't done that.

Jzkann

*creative title*
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
have you re-downloaded it when reinstalling? Because if that installer was much older then it might have been damaged since then. And in that case the next step would be to redownload if you haven't done that.
I've redownloaded it and then I've reinstalled it. Meanwhile, I tried another time, deleting the exe's full directory, but nothing changes.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just realised that you haven't answered this question (or I didn't see the answer)
if you make a new project, does that work?
Just to determine if it is something that was changed in your project or if it is something that doesn't work in NewData itself.

Jzkann

*creative title*
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just realised that you haven't answered this question (or I didn't see the answer)

Just to determine if it is something that was changed in your project or if it is something that doesn't work in NewData itself.
I wrote it in the OP, it won't work.
___
NEWS: I tried using another computer, this time Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit. It won't work. Same black screen. I tried creating a new project there, but same black screen.

Last edited:

Jzkann

*creative title*
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Big news! I've redownloaded it, and now it works! Probably, a thing I did wrong in past was to open the installer without extracting the file. I don't know if that's related to it, but the important thing is that now it works!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.
Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
busbuzz