DARKKDEITY

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: I FIGURED IT OUT.
This was so dumb but for some reason MY FONT FILES WERE MESSED UP AND THAT MADE IT SO MY GAME COULDNT RUN.

I love RPGMaker. Totally. Anyway my game is fine now lol

I'm working on an RPG Maker MV game and my game's data files got corrupted. I have a backup that wasn't corrupted so I copied all the files over to replace the corrupted files. I'm able to open the game now without issue and I can edit my game just fine.

HOWEVER, whenever I try to playtest my game, it opens up on a black screen (not white, I've had it where it opened on a white screen before and I was able to fix it). There is no title screen or option to play my game. I've tried updating my package.json and index.html files, and it still doesn't work.
I also deployed my game and it doesn't work there either.

I'm able to playtest other projects and they don't open on a black screen. I have no idea what the issue is.
I really need help, I've worked really hard on this project and I have no idea how to fix this.

Last edited:

DARKKDEITY

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

I was checking my scripts and I found a error in the main.js script! (i think I had messed with it on accident while fixing my corrupted files) The error is that there was just nothing in it.

I tried copying what was in the main.js from a new project to my game and now I just get a "Now Loading..." screen for forever. It's a step but I still cannot play my game

Can anyone who is more proficient in RPGMaker scripts help me with this???

DARKKDEITY

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fixed it it's fine. Check the top of the main thread lol. This can be closed whenever

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Took some trial and error, but I managed to create "visuals" for underground dig path regions.
Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png
ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuiTra