Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I'm using RMMV.
My characters in my game have guns.
But I want them to use a knife when they use a skill called Stab.
The problem is the weapon animation.
Which plugin do I need to do this?
How do I do it with the plugin?

I searched my best, but haven't find an answer.

These are the plugins i have right now.
0hVahOP.png

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Olivia has a paid plugin if you're interested to switch weapons during skills and to equip multiple weapons n stuff. But I'm sure there's another way to do it that doesn't interest you. Is this weapon something you have equipped as like a secondary weapon or just only use it for stab?

If it's not an equitable weapon that you can switch to on the fly, and only used during the skill.. you could use YEP Weapon Animations and create a State with the notetags

<Weapon Image: x>
<Weapon Motion: thrust/swing/missile>

Then at the start of the skill, apply this state, it will change your weapon + animation, then at the end of the skill, remove the state. You'll need a bit of action sequencing knowledge for this though.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Olivia has a paid plugin if you're interested to switch weapons during skills and to equip multiple weapons n stuff. But I'm sure there's another way to do it that doesn't interest you. Is this weapon something you have equipped as like a secondary weapon or just only use it for stab?

If it's not an equitable weapon that you can switch to on the fly, and only used during the skill.. you could use YEP Weapon Animations and create a State with the notetags

<Weapon Image: x>
<Weapon Motion: thrust/swing/missile>

Then at the start of the skill, apply this state, it will change your weapon + animation, then at the end of the skill, remove the state. You'll need a bit of action sequencing knowledge for this though.

Thank you for your answer!
The weapon(dagger) should only be used when using the skill Stab.

How do I do it with state? I tried before posting this thread. How do I apply the state before the skill?

Where do I purchase the plugin from Olivia?

Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a.addState(x); a.atk * x - b.def * x

just add the a.addState(x) to your attack formula where x = the State you want to add. If you make the state last 1 action it should disappear immediately after you finish the attack. Apparently no action sequence needed :p

edit: nvm set it to turn end. you can probably remove it with a custom action sequence though.. i'll play around a bit more

Last edited:

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a.addState(x); a.atk * x - b.def * x

just add the a.addState(x) to your attack formula where x = the State you want to add. If you make the state last 1 action it should disappear immediately after you finish the attack. Apparently no action sequence needed :p

edit: nvm set it to turn end. you can probably remove it with a custom action sequence though.. i'll play around a bit more.
Thank you very much! I'll test soon!

Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
<whole action>
add state 67: user, show
perform start
motion standby: user
wait for movement
face user: targets
wait: 10
</whole action>

<target action>
motion attack: user
animation 136: target
action effect
Immortal: targets, false
</target action>

<follow action>
wait for animation
<follow action>

remove state 67: user

Play with that as you will. Paste that into the Skill Note. Remove any of the waiting and change animations and state names as necessary. You'll need to install Yanfly's Action Sequencing. Maybe Buff and States Core? not sure.

For the state:
state.png
Importantly set the Priority to 0, and the Icon to 0/Blank. This will make it appear last on your buffs list so people don't notice a blank box moving their buffs around. You need to include an Image titled "Dagger" or whatever you want to call it, in your Project>IMG>Weapons folder as specified by the YEP Weapon Animations plugin.

Last edited:

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
<whole action>
add state 67: user, show
perform start
motion standby: user
wait for movement
face user: targets
</whole action>

<target action>
motion attack: user
animation 136: target
action effect
Immortal: targets, false
</target action>

<follow action>
wait for animation
<follow action>

remove state 67: user

Play with that as you will. Paste that into the Skill Note. Remove any of the waiting and change animations and state names as necessary. You'll need to install Yanfly's Action Sequencing. Maybe Buff and States Core? not sure.

For the state:
Importantly set the Priority to 0, and the Icon to 0/Blank. This will make it appear last on your buffs list so people don't notice a blank box moving their buffs around. You need to include an Image titled "Dagger" or whatever you want to call it, in your Project>IMG>Weapons folder as specified by the YEP Weapon Animations plugin.
Thank you!

Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem! It actually taught me a few things as well. I never knew what State Priority was before this, so now I can finally hide my invisible enemy buffs properly :p Enjoy!

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem! It actually taught me a few things as well. I never knew what State Priority was before this, so now I can finally hide my invisible enemy buffs properly :p Enjoy!
There is no animations!:rsad: They are staying idle. Do I need all Action Sequencing plugins? I have installed Action Sequencing Pack 1 and Buff and States Core.
I changed "state 67" to "state 11"
Hcit44x.png

Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's best to just download all 3. The Action Sequencing is pretty useful for Skill and Battle development. It makes your battles a little more engaging in my opinion.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's best to just download all 3. The Action Sequencing is pretty useful for Skill and Battle development. It makes your battles a little more engaging in my opinion.
Thank you!

Bella_Ghost

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Accatosh Wait, i think you can just set Skill Animation directly for that Stab skill
Unless you set it to Normal Attack, it won't affect by your weapon animation
upload_2019-1-7_1-14-2.png

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked! Thank you very much! I needed the two other Action Sequencing packs.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"
How can I look up the components for a medieval bomb for my game without the FBI showing up at my door?
I don't think I can handle using the real SNES resolution of 512x448 because resizing absolutely every interface element I had on hand by painstaking trial & error/guess and check (is there any other way?) is KILLING me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvieOverwrite