-SOLVED- Changing an over-world sprite based on a state

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I'm trying to change the player's overworld sprite to a ghost equivalent, if the party member dies, like in Earthbound. But I noticed there isn't any real option in the states to do something like that. Does anyone have any ideas?

EX:
upload_2019-8-22_16-29-17.png
Source: AVGN Earthbound

Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Create a common event that checks if the state is applied in the actor. If it is, change their graphic to the "ghost", and if it's not, change it back to the original.

PixelBoy360

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Create a common event that checks if the state is applied in the actor. If it is, change their graphic to the "ghost", and if it's not, change it back to the original.

Ok, but how would I do that for each character, each ghost would look different based on the character that died.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The event command for changing actor sprite and for checking states are both doable by default on a per actor basis, so go make the event and you'd figure it soon enough.

Basically on your common event, you will simply do this check for each possible actor in your party.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneesama