[SOLVED]Common events create conflict when called from an item?

Triangle45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I found this error over and over and I cant figure it out. This is an item called Canned Coffee, it's supposed to set your walking speed back to 4 (Normal) (because when you are sleepy it is set to 3), and play a Sip&Gulp sound effect. These are 2 separated common events.
But the thing is every time I drank the coffee, I only heard the Sip&Gulp sound but the speed remained set to 3. I switched the common events places, and now when I drink the coffee, it only sets the speed back to 4 but now the sound doesnt play?
In the end I had to create a new common event (SipAndSpeed) which does both together, play the sound and set the movement speed back to 4 and now it works.

But it left me wondering, can't you call 2 common events from using an item? It only allowed me to use 1 apparently so I had to mix together 2 common events into 1.

Attachments

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only the latest common event will be called. Having two different common events is just unnecessary.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It was a bug on MV (that was finally fixed on MZ), but the only way to get it to work on MV is with a plugin.

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you call a single common event from the item - then you can call multiple common events from that common event.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell - I never needed to use common events in items, but triggering Common Event inside another common won't work?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Hudell - I never needed to use common events in items, but triggering Common Event inside another common won't work?
Yes, if you create an extra common event to call the other two, those two will be called using a different method that doesn't have that bug. It's kind of annoying though, I'd prefer adding a plugin that fixes the direct common event calls.

Triangle45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, if you create an extra common event to call the other two, those two will be called using a different method that doesn't have that bug. It's kind of annoying though, I'd prefer adding a plugin that fixes the direct common event calls.
So an item triggering a commong event that itself calls 2 separated common events is ok but an item trigerring 2 separated common events wont work? Well thats annoying but workable.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember that Hime has a plugin that supports calling multiple event queues, but I'm not sure if it works.
Because now his website is inaccessible

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280 website works fine, probably just some glitch in software on hosting provider, anyway, I think this plugin you are refering:

Triangle45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280 website works fine, probably just some glitch in software on hosting provider, anyway, I think this plugin you are refering:
Omg this is wonderful, it works, my items can now trigger multiple common events! Thank you so much. I have no idea why the vanilla software wouldn't have this as an option to begin with!
This thread can be closed now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Animalblack