Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello everybody!

I have read about some scripts and editing stuff, but I want to ask you for a quick advice.

How to disable "Skill Type" in battle commands?

I have three types of skills: SkillsMagic and Passives.

What I want is to have only "Skills" and "Magic" shown in the battle command menu, because who need to have "Passives" command in battle.

Is there a quick & simple way to disable that or I really need to use a script for that?

If I need a script, then please tell me which one is the simplest, because I'm using many scripts and these things may be kinda problematic.

Also, I'm using MOG set, so if I can set that in these scripts, please tell me, because I might overlooked it.

Thank you in advance. =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know that there are several threads dealing with changing the battle commands.  Probably a search with those terms would turn them up, they are quite recent.  The question that comes to my mind is, though, why you need a 3rd type for passives in the first place?  I have passive skills, both special and magic, and don't need to use a 3rd category of skill type.

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Yeah, but I'm using skill assigning system, where you can bring only few skills to battle and probably you will be entering the skill scene a lot during gameplay, so I want skills to be organized.

Think of SMT:DDS

WcbW4ll.jpg

Reactions: Kes

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
And of course I saw other similar threads, but there were several solutions for that. The main purpose of that thread is to help me pick "the simplest solution as possible".

Sorry if this is spam.

@ EDIT

OK, problem solved.

Solution:

1. adding: unless stype_id == 3
  2. to: add_command(name, :skill, true, stype_id)
  3. in: Window_ActorCommand
  4. result: add_command(name, :skill, true, stype_id) unless stype_id == 3
As simple as I wanted! =)

Thanks to Disponi! =)

Perhaps I'll write a simple script for that later to avoid touching the original ones. =P

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately for you, as soon as you have other scripts, you'll need the "most compatible" solution, not the "most simple".

As far as I know there are two full command manager scripts with a lot of options (one from Yanfly, one from Tsukihime), and several smaller scripts which give some limited options to changing the command window during battle. And whatever script you use, it has to be compatible with your battlescripts.

Tsukihime's script usually have the lowest compatibility problems - but a lot of them need basic knowledge in logic to be usable. I would still check her blog first to see if you can work with it.

If that is not to your liking, you'll have to check every other script for yourself - we  can't test compatibility for you.

(sorry, I don't have the links - all scripts should appear if you search the master script list for "command")

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
So far it works, and I'm quite done with scripts. There are only some fixes to do etc. but with battle scene everything is almost done.

If I encounter some problems in future I'll try these scripts, but as for now - it's simple and works. =)

And simple is compatible for me, because bigger scripts etc. always brings problems.

It's just one quick change and works without overwriting many other things. (at least for now)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

This is not something I'd ever even considered but wow! What a way to use music in a game.
I am a complete fool. I went through the trouble of making a clone sprite and setting up a system to have the characters flash, when it turns out - I never noticed that the "._mainSprite" was the actual bitmap being used. I'm happy since that makes compatibility easier, but I also want to scream.
Synchronizing bust and sprite expressions! Plus using a phone behaviour :kaopride:
BVadZby.gif

Long gif tho, let it load first :kaoswt2:
Wondering how to force a Save State in VNMaker with a name and how to call it with a scene event in order to double check if this Save State exists or not. Phew... Leaving breadcrumbs for chapter DLCs to pickup would be more than half the fight in order to finish this visual novel :LZSsad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridge_tim