Not open for further replies.

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've been using the Doodad editor for putting the objects onto my maps. As I was playtesting my game, I noticed that whenever I exit out of a menu, the imported doodads glitch out for half a second before being set back to their locations:
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

The_Sarah

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Too new to help you myself, but cute visuals! Hope your game goes well.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How big is your map, and what is your game window size? It just looks like your map is smaller than it needs to be to fill the window.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

(Script Support is better for when you're having issues with an existing script - Script Requests is when you need a new script or significant enhancement created for you.)

It looks like a problem with the way that the Doodads script handles loading the images, but hopefully someone who is familiar with the script can help you out. Speaking of which, you should provide a link to the specific script you are using, as several "Doodads scripts" do exist.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
first thing you can do is to post the script you're using because AFAIK no doodads script for VXA.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know that and I prefer the OP to actually link it because I don't make an assumption.
But ok.

Reactions: BCj

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I saw the OP posting the same question in that thread :p and was wondering about what was causing it myself.

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How big is your map, and what is your game window size? It just looks like your map is smaller than it needs to be to fill the window.
Seriosa's House is 25 tiles long and 18 tiles high, and the pathway to Seriosa's house is 22 tiles long and 50 tiles tall. And my game window size is 640 x 480.

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I finally found the solution! I was searching around for posts relating to the Doodad editor and came across this:
I updated the Doodad editor dll and the objects don't glitch out anymore!! Yaaay!!!!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.
Been seeing bright flashes in the sky for a while, and thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Nope! Lightning. Now it's raining heavily. Seeing lightning, but not hearing thunder, is weird.
Small Update for myself:
>Two Dungeon maps are done, Dungeon 3 is in progress. Dungeon 4 needs work.
>4 characters set up out of a possible 6 but those come later.
>Hub area needs work.
>Game completion..., 20-25% maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NKG__