Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi.

I'm having some trouble using Himeworks script. I'm attempting to make an attack that damages and inflicts a status effect, and won't use it again if you still have the status effect.

Unfortunately, any use of <action condition: 35> or </action condition>, no matter what's in it, triggers an instant error before even using any skills

"Script 'AI' line 94: NoMethodError occurred

Undefined method 'formula_conditions' for nil:NilClass"

Any help is appreciated!

Script

Harosata

Dramatic Lightning's BFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm going on a wild guess, but is 35 the ID of your Skill, or does your enemy have 35 skills? Because this script is assuming you're using the 35th skill in that list. Of course, if you don't have 35 skills for that enemy, there is technically no 35th skill.

---

Let me clarify: Pretend you have an enemy that does
Attack
Fire
Guard

That means they should have a Skill ID of 1, 30, and 2, right? Instead, the Enemy Action Conditions script does not use Skill ID, but refers to a "action list" id. This means, that Attack is 1, Fire is 2, and Guard is 3. This script does not add new skills to the list.

---

And in case you haven't done it yet, the notetag goes into the Enemy's notebox. The suggested formula you can try to use is p.alive_members.none? {|actor| actor.state?(NUMBER)} which means "you can use this skill if no one has that state". Unfortunately, the default script and this script by proxy does not factor in the current target when determining conditions due to the use of target randomization, so you won't be able to state your party one by one.

Alternatively, !p.alive_members.all? {|actor| actor.state?(NUMBER)} should be "you can use this if not all have this state", meaning that it'll stop if all members have that state.

Last edited:

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much! It works perfectly now! This thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl