*SOLVED* event not picking up region (On onw map)

Deadlyspud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
okay so i have a few puzzles in my game where you have to pull / push the correct item into place. works fine on other maps, but i have hit one map where it just won't work. its like it isnt picking up its in the correct region. heres some photos of an example of one thats working fine and how ive done it (which is pretty basic)
Screenshot (284).png Screenshot (285).pngScreenshot (286).png Screenshot (287).pngScreenshot (288).pngScreenshot (289).png
so that works fine, when the correct event gets put into the correct region, switch turns on, event gets locked in place other events trigger yada yada yada, all happy and peachy, and all the others work fine too. But then on this one map, im doing something similar and for some reason this one won't work, im sure ive missed something stupid but it just wont acknowledge when the event is in region 11 (the region 5s are footstep sounds) i have removed them in case they interfered but it still didn't work
Screenshot (290).png Screenshot (293).png Screenshot (294).png Screenshot (295).png Screenshot (296).png Screenshot (297).png
Can anyone spot what ever glaring mistake i must have made?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1 - Why are you doing all this in common events instead of just having the event that you're moving on the map check its own region ID? And then why are you doing it in two common events instead of one? Or zero?

2 - The obvious question is: where are you actually calling these common events? They appear to be written correctly, so the error would be when they're being performed.

Deadlyspud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Solved it! For whatever reason with this one particular event, I changed it from being the named event to "this event" and put it on it directly and it works. No idea why the common events work for every other version of this puzzle on other maps, but atleast its working

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default events are identified only by ID; event names are just to help you label things in the editor during development. Same thing with switches, variables, actors, classes, items, weapons, etc.

When editing a common event in the database, listed map event names reflect those on the current map. Those may well be completely different if the common event is called from a different map.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, you might have given two different events the same name.

the engine can handle that exactly because it never uses names, always uses IDs, but it could result in you selecting the wrong entry in a long named list.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...
I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaggo