(SOLVED) Galv's Character Animations & Frames sprite problems

RubbyDukky

One of Rem's Many Husbands
Veteran
Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Messages
45
Reaction score
22
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I'm having a rather infuriating time trying to get Galv's Character Animations working in RMMV. I've recently started drawing a 2 tile high, 6 frame character template sheet with the intention of using it with his character animations and frames that allow for 6 frame idle, walk, and run animations. I've only completed the idle section and the walking down animations, but I thought I'd test it first before I kept going. If it works, it should successfully execute the idle animation and the walking down animation, while any other direction would make the character invisible because the rest of the image file would be transparent.

The problem is, the player is showing up as 8 sprites and flashing in and out of transparency when idle, meaning that the step animation simulated by Galv's plugin is taking multiple sprites from the sprite sheet and taking sprites from the running side of the sprite sheet when it is supposed to be idle.

Here is an in-game example of the error from the test project I created.

examplechisato.png

After spending quite a lot of time trying to figure this out, I've deduced that the problem is probably that the image is not being formatted correctly, which is strange because I'm very sure it is... Basically I've gotten nowhere.

Here's the actual sprite sheet (1152x768p) with a color background so you can see where the edges are. The tile size is 48x48p. The first section is the idle section. The second is the walking. The third will be the running. The rest should be ignored by the plugin. I've also tried getting rid of the extra blank spaces (even though Galv's demo project has sprite sheets formatted like this) but nothing worked: all it did was reduce the number of sprites that show up as the player.

examplechisatotemplate.png

I've asked Galv himself if the plugin is compatible with 2 tile high characters, and he confirmed that it should be. I've also downloaded the demo, compared the working sprite sheets with mine... I've tried more than I should have to fix this simple but extremely frustrating problem. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 

Attachments

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
456
Reaction score
343
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had this issue (and I'm using large sprites), and the issue was that the size of the sprite sheet was wrong; Your sprite sheet size is fine, I think so I'm not sure what's going on there. It looks to me like you have 4 columns of 6 frames which is right.
You do have to make sure your sheet is named correctly; you've got 6 frames per cycle, so your sheet should be named something like: spritesheet%(6).png . See if that helps.
 
Last edited:

RubbyDukky

One of Rem's Many Husbands
Veteran
Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Messages
45
Reaction score
22
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had this issue (and I'm using large sprites), and the issue was that the size of the sprite sheet was wrong; Your sprite sheet size is fine, I think so I'm not sure what's going on there. It looks to me like you have 4 columns of 6 frames which is right.
You do have to make sure your sheet is named correctly; you've got 6 frames per cycle, so your sheet should be named something like: spritesheet%(6).png . See if that helps.
OK, so I just typed up an essay's worth of a reply (btw I actually read the post about your problem prior to posting my own), then I realized that I didn't try taking the $ away in the test project I created yet (although I did in my actual game project). I did it, and bam, it worked... which got me ticked off because I had ruled that possibility away quite a while ago. I then tried it on my actual project and for some reason, it worked. So either I'm some kind of extreme idiot that can't bug test for crap, or my computer is screwing with me. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, you probably saved me 5 hours of trying to figure this out just by suggesting that xD
 

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
456
Reaction score
343
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@RubbyDukky OMG I've totally been there. I have a weird thread here somewhere where I was trying to get this to work right with NPCs/Events and I went through the same experimental process of adding in the $ or ! to see what would happen. There are cases where those are useful but not for walk cycles, I've learned. >->;;;;

Glad you got it working! I personally love this plugin set~
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts



I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.

Forum statistics

Threads
104,460
Messages
1,006,438
Members
135,966
Latest member
Kleik
Top