(SOLVED)Guards/event outfit changes when speaking, then changes back when finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean_Angel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Direction fix seemed to fix the issue, many thanks!

There are 2 of them and their costumes are the same character but in different damaged positions,
When talked / action buttoned their costume changes to a costume that I didn't add to them or set code to change?
The outfit reverts after they finish their message though.
Any idea what could be causing this?

After some testing I've found it only happens when I include them increasing a variable (by one) after the text message. Still not sure whats wrong though.
Below is one of the guys affected by it's code.
2021-04-26 (3).png2021-04-26 (2).png2021-04-26 (1).png

Last edited:

Thefirelion

TheFireLion Game Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The "direction fix" option is not checked in the event configuration page?, there is a second page in the event?.

Bean_Angel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The "direction fix" option is not checked in the event configuration page?, there is a second page in the event?.
no i havent clicked direction fix.. and yes there is a second page... ;-;

Thefirelion

TheFireLion Game Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
no i havent clicked direction fix.. and yes there is a second page... ;-;
Do it, and check if the second page have a variable value condition in the configuration.

Bean_Angel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
as soon as i did that for the knights its now messed up the costumes for most of the characters

Bean_Angel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
the mc's movements are like ill press one way and ittl go another etc etc

Beckx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
could you add screenshots of the guard event pages (showing the whole event window) and maybe their spritesheets to?
like this, it's really hard to tell what might be wrong, and there are different possible combinations that might cause something like this.
also, as an fyi you can edit your posts to add addtitional thoughts, double-posting isn't allowed as far as i'm aware.

Bean_Angel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
could you add screenshots of the guard event pages (showing the whole event window) and maybe their spritesheets to?
like this, it's really hard to tell what might be wrong, and there are different possible combinations that might cause something like this.
also, as an fyi you can edit your posts to add addtitional thoughts, double-posting isn't allowed as far as i'm aware.
oh my bad, sorry as you can see im new here sbs

anyway i'll add the ss of the guards event pages to the main post, though somehow the whole game broke

Bean_Angel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do it, and check if the second page have a variable value condition in the configuration.
seems you were right all along with that lol
the bug with the movement was some dumb thing i did while trying to fix the issue with the guards, many thanks!!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Bean_Angel, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RMMV - Skip script errors:

For game developer testing purposes.
You know, I really get to farm likes since I post all of @Avery and @hiddenone 's blog tutorials on the forums...
Back from a very long hiatus with a new project woo
This is my battler placeholder image trying out art styles too I want to fake a backview battle system
I think I will want portraits and battle sprites to be 2D and stick to pixel art for overworld not 100%sure but pretty sure its easier to make pixel art for overworld sprites, events and maps and stuff.
Placeholder.png
$Syringer.png
toying with a brand new monster design
Another doodle! Green-haired girl has no name yet, so, any suggestions?
She is about the same age as Nikki, and she is the last one of her clan, known for their innate skills in manipulating both ice and fire. She is a bit stubborn, as well as having a soft spot for kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member