[SOLVED]Have a skill randomly use another skill

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by NinjaKittyProductions, Sep 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey gamers and developers,

I believe this is the right spot to post this, if not I apologize ahead of time. I am looking for a plugin or a non-plugin way to have a skill that randomly uses another skill from a selection of skills. Let me give an example:

You have a skill called "Tools:. When you use Tools, it will use one of 4 skills randomly: Power Wrench, Flamethrower, Combat Drill, or Spark Cannon.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the "Tools" skill to use one of the other four when used. I have tried common events but I probably did not do it right.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  3. Gabriel-Chi

Gabriel-Chi MetsuG Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you can't just put an variable to randon use an ability?

NinjaKittyProductions likes this.
  4. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You can do this with a common event. Have a variable set a number between 4 numbers like 0-3. Have four conditinal branches seperated Below the randomly set variable that check if the same variable is a certain number, you do not need an else branch. Then, just put force action in each of the conditinal branches, and boom! you have the effect you want. If you want to be able to choose the target, just have the skill target something and in the force action command select "last target"

Edit: the tool skill doesn't need a formula, just the skills it connects to. Also, be sure to connect the skill to the common event

NinjaKittyProductions likes this.
  5. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks everybody for the replies. I was able to figure it out finally. I ended up using the information that @tale provided along with @Oddball and made a common event that ran when I used the skill. Thanks again to everybody that replied. It really helps out. ^_^

6. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.