Vomitaburger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Community!

I am currently starting to work on my first RMMZ game and I would need help to setup the main menu how I want it.

Right now I'm using the VisuStella's CoreEngine and MainMenuCore plugins and I am ready to get other plugins if needed. I played around with what these plugins have to offer for the customization of the main menu, but I am not able to quite get what I want.

(see attached picture, and don't judge the current custom drawings, they are placeholders :p)
Basically I want the main menu to be very simple, without the character information or golds showing. I only want a small centered window with that list of buttons. The character's stats and resources will be shown in an other custom page that I'm doing that's why I want to reduce the main menu as much as possible.

I know how to remove the back arrow that closes the menu, but I would like to replace it with a "Resume game" button. I would also like to ad a "Load" button that allows players to load saves without going back to the Title menu.

I would be very appreciative if someone could guide me through this,
Thank you!

Attachments

• Menu.png
    Menu.png
    947.5 KB · Views: 10

Vomitaburger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
UPDATE:

I did manage to figure out how to get my "Resume Game" and "Load" button working YAYYY!!!!

Now I only need help for removing the windows I don't want, the larger character info part and the smaller gold window.(see attached picture)

Attachments

• Menu2.png
    Menu2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Vomitaburger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I DID IT!!! Took me way more time than I would like to admit, but I figured it out! Yayyyy!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    234.2 KB · Views: 12

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been following this post hoping to track the answers. I'd be grateful if you would tell me a quick bullet list of what you did to make it happen!

Vomitaburger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been following this post hoping to track the answers. I'd be grateful if you would tell me a quick bullet list of what you did to make it happen!

So in the plugin VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine, there is a Parameter called "Menu Layout Settings". Inside it you will find a list of all the different default scenes.
If you go in the settings of "Scene_Menu" you will find the parameters of the three basic windows (Command window is the one I kept, plus Gold window and Status window which is the one with the character information).

There you can simply reduce the width and height of the unwanted windows to 0 and it will no longer show. After that I had only the command window like I wanted but I had to manually adjust its height and x/y position parameters to make it fit and centered. To get the command window centered I tried different flat values until it looked well centered. If you know a bit more about formulas you can probably make it so it it more reliably centered but I didn't know how so I just tried values until I was happy with it. I tested it and it doesn't seem like have flat values prevents the window from keeping its relative size to the screen when changing the screen size on non-fullscreen playtests. (See attached image)

Attachments

• MenuLayout.PNG
    MenuLayout.PNG
    321.6 KB · Views: 6

Vomitaburger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Also tell if you want me to explain the other previous steps I did between my first and second post, like making the "Resume Game" and "Load" buttons and removing the back arrow button etc.

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So in the plugin VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine, there is a Parameter called "Menu Layout Settings". Inside it you will find a list of all the different default scenes.
If you go in the settings of "Scene_Menu" you will find the parameters of the three basic windows (Command window is the one I kept, plus Gold window and Status window which is the one with the character information).

There you can simply reduce the width and height of the unwanted windows to 0 and it will no longer show. After that I had only the command window like I wanted but I had to manually adjust its height and x/y position parameters to make it fit and centered. To get the command window centered I tried different flat values until it looked well centered. If you know a bit more about formulas you can probably make it so it it more reliably centered but I didn't know how so I just tried values until I was happy with it. I tested it and it doesn't seem like have flat values prevents the window from keeping its relative size to the screen when changing the screen size on non-fullscreen playtests. (See attached image)
Very kind, Vomitaburger! I'll be putting this info. to use next time I get to play around with RPG maker. Thanks much!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When there's a will, there's a lifehack. :ninja:

Before i mess with battle UI further, does it look decent enough? :hswt:
Free MZ? That's good. I should go try it out then.
Let's see if I can make it in time xD
Knipsel.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmovieswebsite