[Solved?] help with always-hit skill/state

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by srazysnake, Jun 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. srazysnake

srazysnake Villager Member

First Language:
    Korean
    Using RPG maker MV, I want to make a buff-skill that makes the user/casted character's next-attack/skill always+100% hit the target without fail.

or an inflicting skill  on which it will make the inflicted enemy get hit always+100%, be it magic or physical.

basically, I made another skill A that has 1% accuracy and was going to use this skill as a combo... but I cannot seem to get it working.

I tried adding a state where your hit rate becomes 1000% or the enemie's evasion/magic evasion rates -1000%... but when I use it and cast skill A... it always misses > which implys the 1% accuracy hasn't been changed.

I cannot script or write damage formulas- therefore a much simple solution is appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  2. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The problem is the to hit percents are multiplicative, so when you add the state, then use the skill, you are getting 1000% * 1% which is (in decimal form) 10 * 0.01 = 0.1, or 10% chance to hit.

srazysnake likes this.
  4. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    sorry, not using Yanfly's battle plugins-

I don't like the fact that it is not competible with 'exclude unused files' option when deploying.. []

...I see;;;;;;

10% chance;;;;; wow. [][] ...... Is there any other way around it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  5. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Add another +1000% hit rate trait. Multiple traits are acumulative. So if the battler has two +1000% traits it becomes 100%

You really should change your mind about it, unless you don't want to use a lot of plugins, because this option was pretty bad developed, it only accept images that are set in plugin parameters, but not any other images, such as the ones set by notetags. 

In fact, this option is pretty useless for anyone using plugins.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
    srazysnake likes this.
  6. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    @Victor Sant

I thought your method would work, but it didn't for some reason. []

I even added 2 more extra and it still missed;;;

my A skill is a skill that casts knockout with 100% chance, but has 1% success rate/accuracy(I think its accuracy?).

I add a state where my hit rate is 1000% 3 times, still misses......  maybe its calculating separately, so its more like 10% + 10% + 10% = 30% ?

so I added 1000% hit-rate 10 times....... still misses. ;_;

ugh;;; can't believe such a simple skill cannot be created with ease;;

WAIT..... the images used in Yanfly's notetags are also incompetible with 'exclude unused files' option..?

wow;; more reason not to use it then. [][]

I dunno why you think the exclude option is useless- don't you want your game to have less size?

painstakingly erasing all unused backdrops, facesets and bgms, se, me, bgs.... I don't see how this useful option can be useless. BD

7. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Scrips are lightweight, they're just texts files...wattafak

They'll never reach 1mb per file

8. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @srazysnake You got one thing wrong. The hit rate increase the skill success rate, not the states success rate. Both are different things.

success.png

It's not on 'yanfly plugins' its on every plugin.

Pratically no plugin developer actually supports this 'exclude unused files' option and simply ignore it when developing plugins. If you don't use YF plugins for that reason, you probably won't use mine, and may others. Actually, you won't use any plugin that uses images that was developed before version 1.2.0, since those also don't support it.

Yes, I want, and for that, I would do a smart management of the files on it rather than using this function.

You can always remove unused files manually, on the other hand there are thing that are impossible without plugins.

You think that avoiding this extra work s worth losing all the advantages of the plugins? And it's not that hard to do, unless you throw hundres of useless files on your project folder.

Unless, of course, if you want a bland project with little to no visual improvement, using only the stock graphics.

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

That is the problem - success rate is NOT hit rate, and nothing you do to the hit rate will ever change a skills success rate.

In the damage flow, first the actor has to hit (based on the actor parameter hit rate) and then the skill has to be a success - which is why most people never change the success rate away from the default of 100%.

10. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    @Andar

Oooooh;; I see... thanx, that cleared a lot of things actually. []

so... is it possible to create a skill with 100% chance success, and 1% hit rate/accuracy?

@Victor Sant

Wow there, don't start flaming at me sir. []

For me, exclude option is useful- maybe not for you, but it is useful for me and others like me who are new to rpg maker.

I don't need you to start raging and calling me and my other fellow exclude-option users names.

I would've just brushed it off as people's differences, but you just went ahead and generalized us as stupid people. >:(

I don't micro-mangae my rpg games, I don't care if its bland- I just want to have fun making it and sharing it with my friends.

I have a job, I don't have time to manually add resources one-by-one, I've got much better things to do and would rather spend that time creating more dungeons.

I have no problem with stock graphics and no visual improvements.

I appreciate your replies and efforts, but that just completely came out of left field sir. []

11. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Actually it is.

Game_Action.prototype.itemHit = function(target) {
        if (this.isPhysical()) {
            return this.item().successRate * 0.01 * this.subject().hit;
        } else {
            return this.item().successRate * 0.01;
        }
    };

As the formula shows, the item sucess is multiplied by the subject hit.

You're mistaken that with the evasion, success/hit is separade from evasion. But success and hit are dependant on each other.

@srazysnake

No one is raging. I'm just stating that your points (and excuses) are pretty lame.

Well whatever. Do whatever you think it's better.

12. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    01.jpg

I  got it working, but I'm not happy....

basically I did this using state success rate, doubled it > and it finally worked.

(I dunno how... and I dunno why 1000 will not work, but 2000 will;;;;; hrmmm.)

too bad rpg maker seem to be incapable of making physical attacks or magic attack 100% hit;;;;

I'm also not happy that it is now about success rate, rather than accuracy or missing. []

(when the skill fails, it says it doesn't affect it... which is NOT what I want it saying. [] I want it saying- it missed. -_-)

Oh well, if anyone knows a way to modify accuracy-directly please share, thank you.