Not open for further replies.

JustADood

Chonky Boi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to make it so you can iput a name into a character (figured it out already)

but i want to know how to make it so if i name actor a for example, actor b, c, and d get named into that name

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a few example would help explaining what exactly you want.
but basically this will require javascript and scripting knowledge because the default change name command requires the developer to set a specific name, not a variable one.

so how is your javascript knowledge?

JustADood

Chonky Boi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
a few example would help explaining what exactly you want.
but basically this will require javascript and scripting knowledge because the default change name command requires the developer to set a specific name, not a variable one.

so how is your javascript knowledge?
never tried javascript so i mostly depended on plugins but im wondering if there is a way to do it without scripting

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you still need to give examples or a better description of what you want, if you can't make the javascript yourself

JustADood

Chonky Boi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you still need to give examples or a better description of what you want, if you can't make the javascript yourself
a script that can change names of multiple people if you name only 1 person because i want it so you can name your character but they change actors throughtout the story

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but to what names? please give an example on how those names should look, or do you want to have every actor an absolutely identical name? Like all actors named "Thomas" even if they have female pictures?

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe something on here could help you out?
The way that you phrase what you say is very confusing, and it's hard to try to decipher what you are trying to say.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds to me like his project has multiple actors that are the same character.

Like a timeskip happens, or something, and rather than simply changing actor a's stats and stuff to new things, he's making an entirely new actor to fill that role.

You can use the script $gameActors.actor(actorId).setName(n) to set an actors name, in the same way that the event command can do it. Change actorId to the id number of the actor you want to change, and change n to whatever you want the actors name to be.

If you input the name of actor a, it can be found later by the following script: $gameActors.actor(actorId).name(), so you could set other actors names to be the same by combining the two:
$gameActors.actor(2).setName($gameActors.actor(1).name())
That code will set actor 2's name to whatever actor 1 is, for example.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking the same thing. Instead of having multiple actors, you can just have one actor, and use the Change Actor ... (images, class, etc) to alter them at different points in the game. Having multiple actors defined, to represent the same person at different stages, is not a very good approach.

JustADood

Chonky Boi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was thinking the same thing. Instead of having multiple actors, you can just have one actor, and use the Change Actor ... (images, class, etc) to alter them at different points in the game. Having multiple actors defined, to represent the same person at different stages, is not a very good approach.
that seems perfect! how do you do this?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's just what I said. Make one actor, and use the Change Actor Images, Change Actor Class and whatever other event commands you need to make them change throughout the game.

Change Actor Images is on tab 3, and all the other things are on tab 1

JustADood

Chonky Boi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's just what I said. Make one actor, and use the Change Actor Images, Change Actor Class and whatever other event commands you need to make them change throughout the game.

Change Actor Images is on tab 3, and all the other things are on tab 1

theres only change name and class i dont think you can change images

Attachments

• Actor_Tab.JPG
    Actor_Tab.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 3

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The command you are looking for is here:
(As Shaz already pointed out)

changeActor.png

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocket