[SOLVED] How to make a character dance on prompt - set movement route(?)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To be more specific; The player will have a chance to ask a character if they know any tricks, and the character will respond by dancing. I want the Left, Right, and Up sections of that character's sprite sheet to be 3 different dances, the down section is just the idle pose. I figured it would be easy enough to call out through the 'set movement route' command, but I can't get it to cycle through the animation when I use something like 'move left'. Ideally I want the character to dance in one spot and not actually move across the screen, simply cycle through the animation, like the sprites I use for lighting. I'm just drawing a blank on how to program this so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you guys.

[SOLVED] I got it to work great through this method, I included the switches so that it's guaranteed to stop the motion when its intended to - idk if this is the proper way to do it so I'll let y'all be the judge of that, thanks again!
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 11.04.44 AM.png

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
turn on 'stepping' if you want to play through an animation without moving

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
turn on 'stepping' if you want to play through an animation without moving
That works! but I can't get the character to stop dancing. I was hoping to have it play through the whole animation probably about 3 times. This is what I got right now:
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.47.26 AM.png
Should I remove (Wait) ?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antodi