Not open for further replies.

KenSoulslayer

Graphic Designer/JS Dev
Reaction score
First Language
Hindi
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way or what is the right way to completely build the map on something like Photoshop cause I don't want to be limited by the tilesets available, so what is the right way to do that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are tutorials for parallax mapping on this board.
The simplest form of parallax mapping does not need plugins, you only need plugins if you want to have multiple parallax layers.

basically make your map in photoshop or whatever image program you use, place it as the background of the map, then use either an invisible tileset or a region code plugin to set passability (an invisible tileset has much more options but is more work).

If you have specific questions that the tutorials on this site don't answer, then ask them in the forum.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
parallax mapping did not require tileset at all... some people use tileset to make them easier to draw the map... but true parallax mapping is free... you can use anything you want in your map... just make sure to set the passability later using at least two transparent tiles (one passable one blocked) on editor later... if you have more experience you can use more transparent tiles for example for having only two way movement on that tile (up and down for stairs)... etc...

some tips... you can turn on the grid (i think it's 48 x 48 for mv) on photoshop so you know does certain part will fit well when your actor step on it... you could also add one layer to place your actor graphic and move it within the grids to emulate how it will seen later on the game... hope this help...

KenSoulslayer

Graphic Designer/JS Dev
Reaction score
First Language
Hindi
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks guys :kaothx:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:
The neighbourhood cats brought me a kitten today. They sat him on the step and semi-circled him. He's adorable, but now I gotta find somewhere for him.
So basically, I added strings to my musics and BAM, it doesn't sound empty anymore.
Been a while. New jam coming up on RMN. Let's press Continue, my lovelies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r042896