[Solved]I can't get Yanfly's Quest Journal System to work

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by xJKING, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xJKING

xJKING Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am trying to set up a quest sytem in my game and I cannot seem to get it to work. I have the latest update to the quest journal system and my project is updated to the newest patch. (currently 1.6.1)

My problem is that whenever I get into my game, and I open the menu, I am greeted with this an error. "$gameSystem.isShowQuest" is not a function.

I am also using the Yanfly Main Menu manager, and I have copy-pasted the settings i needed to insert into the main menu manager's parameters. I have also turned of the "Auto place command" option in the Quest Journal plugin.

I have included a screenshot of my current plugins. (all of them)

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem is? I have tried to work both this and gameous quest system, but none seem to work properly.

I would really appreciate some support on this, have been stuck with this problem for hours.

Thanks
    Screenshot_248.png Screenshot_249.png Screenshot_251.png

Edit:
    Yanfly's Quest Journal System: http://yanfly.moe/2017/10/13/yep-152-quest-journal-system-rpg-maker-mv/

Yanfly's Main menu manager: http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-14-main-menu-manager/

Screenshot_252.png

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    isShowQuest is a function defined in the Quest Journal plugin, which you have activated. So something else must be going on.

For completeness, can you please provide the following information?
    • Links to any plugins you're talking about (just edit your first post) so that other people can help you easier
    • A screenshot of the Console when the error occurs (press F8 during playtest to open the Console)

Edit:
    @xJKING
    I see your edits, thank you.

Are you sure that you downloaded the quest journal plugin correctly? Two red flags that I see:
    1. Your plugin is not named the same as the plugin on the Yanfly website
    2. The error message at the top shows that it's happening at line 7693, but there are less than 5000 lines of code in the plugin.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  3. xJKING

xJKING Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, it was just that the name was different, the quest system works like a charm now. Thank you so much, I am not really that familiar with using plugins, but I will remember how important the naming of them are in the future. Thank you again!

Aloe Guvner likes this.
  4. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Perfect, glad it works!

The vast majority of the time, the name has to match exactly with what the author named it --> This is so that the plugin can read the parameters that you set in the Plugin Manager.

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @xJKING When your query is resolved to your satisfaction, please Report your opening post and ask for the thread to be closed. Mods might not see an individual post or notice a change in the topic title, but will see a Report.
    Thanks.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.