Quimey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm not quite sure if this is the right forum I should be posting this, if not, please move accordingly. Thanks!

I am currently working on a Parallax Map for my game. As I was trying to draw a path, I couldn't, since when I try to use a dirt pattern (In Photoshop) with the 'Pattern Stamp Tool', the texture is totally messed up, no matter what kind of brush I use, it looks like this:

DudaPhotoshop.png

This is an example the kind of dirt path I'd like to achieve:

maxresdefault.jpg

I was wondering what could be wrong, please!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Grim Fantasia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you try disabling the "Impressionist" setting in the toolbar? If that doesn't work you could also try to reset your brush settings.

Quimey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you try disabling the "Impressionist" setting in the toolbar? If that doesn't work you could also try to reset your brush settings.

Actually THAT solved my problem:rswt. Thanks a lot!

PS: Any recommendation on free brushes I could download to make natural-looking paths?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Grim Fantasia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PS: Any recommendation on free brushes I could download to make natural-looking paths?
I don't have any particular recommendations for such brushes. But if you find one please let us know!

What I did in the past was simply to use a hard default brush and make it a bit bigger than the actual path I want to create. The bigger path then gets drawn on a new layer with the pattern tool (only a rough shape is needed here). Afterwards I grabbed a soft default brush for my eraser and manually refined the edges of the path.

This might not be the easiest or fastest way but gives enough control for a decent looking path :smile:

Quimey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a very decent brush. The Number 127 - Legacy Brushes - Natural Brushes. It can create natural-looking paths or even realistic grass shapes. You'd need to use the eraser with a considerably low hardness on the edges and you will get a good result.

Thanks a lot for the help and good will, Grim. God Bless you.

I consider this matter solved :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.
How do people even enjoy RGB keyboard and mouse lighting? It's distracting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvadomine