<SOLVED> Maker MV proportions off

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by Magistar, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Magistar

Magistar Grand Author of Worlds Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Everything is 32x32 pixels off of where it should be. If I try to select a tile it selects the one above it. If I try to access the database (using the gearwheel pictures) I have to be in the game window to even select it. Anyone have an idea of what to do?

I wish I could put up a picture but my new laptop makes them all 3mb for some reason.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is usually some setting in your display driver. I can't be sure without a Screenshot, but it sounds like a few other cases where the solution was in the advanced driver setting of the display driver.

And if your laptop is set to store pictures into an uncompressed format, change that in the image programs you're using for saving screenshots.

3. Magistar

Magistar Grand Author of Worlds Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [Solution]

Most modern laptops actually come with two graphic cards, at least most with the I7 and I5 cores. If you have an Intel HD card then you likely have a second card in there as well. Look for the Device Manager on your laptop, and look at the Display Adapters. In there you will likely see 2 cards, an Intel and a Nvidia. The fix that I found is to Right-Click the Intel card and click Disable Device. This will cause the screen to flash, but the Title bar will be gone and everything will work the correct way.

Now you might have to re-activate it if you want to play certain games, so do not count this as a permanent solution. I will be working on a better fix when I can.

4. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Intel CPUs are something I know a good deal about. So, I'd like to add that ALL laptops which have a modern Intel CPU (with a few possible rare exceptions for Xeon based laptops or laptops using a desktop/workstation CPU...) will have Intel HD on the CPU itself. This isn't something OEMs like Dell have any control over. Intel's CPUs come with Intel HD iGPUs almost always. That said, what really determines if there are two GPUs is the presence of discrete graphics (AMD Radeon or Nvidia GeForce).

Also be aware that the solution you posted might cause the display to not work at all on some configurations.