Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there,

Well, as the title says, I'm using MogHunter's plugins (all of them), and in the project I'm working on, everything was perfect, but all of a sudden, a couple days ago, some things changed (And I haven't installed any other plugin that might've affected it).

I'm having trouble with two specific Plugins:

MOG_TreasureHud (Which displays the Icon of the item you just got from a chest for instance)

This is how it should look when you get an item:

Icono1.5.png

This is how it looks now in my game:
Icono1.png

Instead of showing the Icon, it displays a black square :( (As I said it used to work normally until now)

The other one is the battle, where instead of displaying the arrow above the enemy, is the same black square (I DO have the necessary image in the necessary folder, and it also used to work normally).

Icono2.png

I am currently developing a GREAT project, but this totally messes it up. I would be eternally grateful to the person who can give me a hand with this, please!!

Thank you beforehand!

Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you be chance changed out the iconset of your project (or increased the length of the default one)? Black boxes appearing in place of icons is a common error that happens if your iconset is too long.

The max size that iconset.png can become without causing errors is 512x2048, or 64 rows of icons.

Josue Castillo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you be chance changed out the iconset of your project (or increased the length of the default one)? Black boxes appearing in place of icons is a common error that happens if your iconset is too long.

The max size that iconset.png can become without causing errors is 512x2048, or 64 rows of icons.
Oh, yes! I modified the size and it is extremely big! It does shows icons in the Text Window when called with "\I[28]" but they seem to have problems by showing up in these plugins.

Is there any solution/fix to this without having to resize the iconset? My game is meant to be a huge rpg therefore I NEED this Iconset Expansion

EDIT: I don't know exactly how big it has to be to cause an error, I modified the Iconset to 512x5280 and it is working, I guess I will have to adapt to that.

Thanks a lot, and may God bless you!

Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem, glad you were able to get things working!

That's interesting, actually. I haven't heard of anyone being able to use a bigger size than 512x2048 without getting the black box in battle. If it's working though, than awesome!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhengdddddd