SOLVED:Moghunter Scripts can't change "IconSet". Why and or How?

Bon MacBob

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this issue. I'm using Moghunter Plugins. I Change the IconSet because the basic one was lacking choices. But since then I notice 2 instance where the Icon won't show, it'll only display a black square.

What.png

One is with the MOG_TreasurPopUp plugin (see picture) and the onther one is in one of the combat plugin ( I don't really know witch one ) since I change the IconSet in the System folder it displays a black square above the enemy. What is even weirder is that the Icon shows properly in the menu. And the menu is also a Moghunter plugin..

Well I hope someone can help me. I don't want to be stuck with the default IconSet.

Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The black square above enemies most probably has nothing to do with the plugins, but with an error in your iconset.

If an enemy has no state, the zero icon will be displayed above it - that is the case in all battlesystems for MV that I know of.
And that is the reason why the first icon in the icon sheet (the zero index icon) always needs to be transparent.

Please check your iconsheet if the first icon is transparent or a black box, and if it is black then change it to transparent with an image program.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it shows the default icon in those instances, then the plugin is working. That would mean that the fault must lie in how you have assembled your new icon set. Check that you have the background on them set to transparent. Do you have absolutely equivalent icons with the same ID, or are they in a different order, so that it is pulling up something else? I'm sure there are other possible errors, but those are the 2 most obvious, imo.

EDIT
Ninja'd.

Bon MacBob

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a 100% sure that the background is transparent. I've done some test. Also the icon displays properly in the menu without a background. As for the Id of the icon I don't think it mathers because with the original Iconset, I can change the icons as I wish and it still displays. I've even merge my Iconset with the base one making sure that the base Icon were first and it did not work. :(

Bon MacBob

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's alright I found the problem. The Iconset was too huge. So I got rid of the icons I didn't use and made one smaller and it worked perfectly ! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.
Humans have such a capacity to assign personalities and love to objects. We do this because we love them. It's interesting then that our fears over AI are that they won't love us back and will instead hate us.
I'm actively looking for people who want to recreate classical compositions in the public domain for RPG Maker games. I've got a whole kick going on of looking for several resources from anyone which would be sharable amongst commercial games. This latest pursuit is something I'm surprised no one else has started doing.
I played Deltarune chapter 2 today! It was great. No spoilers, but I hope one day I can design a world as interesting as Toby Fox and team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bl1tz16