Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using a transparent message window (since I am using custom pictures as a backdrop for the messages~) but I need the message window to be moved up a bit.

I am not using yanfly plugins in my project so I can't use his message core (which is what the answer seems to be I could find)~
I am fine with a small plugin script or just editing something in the project itself but I don't know enough js to know what exactly to change! :kaoswt:

--------------------------------------------------​

Additionally if possible I would also like to increase the space between lines of text & number of lines to allow for 4-5! I know there are some plugins for the latter already, but if it can be handled together with this that'd be awesome :kaoluv:

Thanks a ton in advance!

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
JavaScript:
SceneManager._scene._messageWindow.y = number
This should work.

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hyouryuu-Na Thanks for the fast response! I went and had dinner haha~
Your help is very much appreciated!

Looks like I got some answers to where I previously asked this question before making it a full thread, HERE is the link for those curious ^-^ I tested it and it worked for what I wanted to do!

----------------------------------
In rpg_windows.js or as a plugin:

Window_Message.prototype.windowWidth = function() {
return WRITENUMBERHERE;
};

Window_Message.prototype.windowHeight = function() {
return WRITENUMBERHERE;
};

Window_Message.prototype.numVisibleRows = function() {
return WRITENUMBERHERE;
};
---------------------------------

Thanks again guys!

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpw5280