TheDrifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings people,

I'm looking for a script that makes you walk in random directions when the party leader is under the Confusion state.

I've attached a script that does just that in RPG Maker VX if it can help (but I need something similar to work with ACE).

(also found here: http://www.rpgmakerv...?showtopic=1493)

It's not a problem if you can't make it "party leader-restricted" (like if you still walk in random directions if it's another party member that has the state).

---

Some may think that it could be irritating or frustrating for players if they don't have the items to cure those states, but that's why I've made the state to disappear after 20-50 steps in my data base. You should also be able to switch your party leader with another party member to forgo the state's effect (if you can make the states "party leader-restricted", of course) but even if you can't, I don't think it's much of an issue.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

confused walk.txt

Attachments

• confused walk.txt
    310 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
And another snippet done.

http://pastebin.com/i8QWekU4

Line 4, put the IDs of all the states you want to have "confused walk". Like if states 4, 6, and 9 are all states you want to have "confused walk", change the array to "[4, 6, 9]".

Note that this snippet won't work with scripts that modify how the player walks, such as pixel movement or 8 direction movement scripts. This should affect moving the player via an event, though I didn't test that.

EDIT: Interesting fact: I did a snippet like this for VX on that very same site a while back, though I have no clue what happened to it. I was kinda hoping that was the one you were linking to, but it's not.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDrifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, thank you for that! That's exactly what I've been looking for!

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol
Lil' sketch I drew of Nico di Angelo :)
The spooky boi himself ♥
Nico sketch by Artemis Yates.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calignositystudios