(Solved!!) Needed some parallax layering help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've pretty busy on making my tech demo/short game for Cheddar Con Carne. The parallax mapping process has been going good...except for when I'm currently working on this map where I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make a top layer for my parallax maps. Let me show you what I'm talking about:

Is there something I could do to fix this problem?

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the usual problem with making parallax maps. You could try to fix the problem with the house by splitting it to the upper and lower level differently, depending on how tall your character is. It doesn't make much sense (perspective-wise) if you're able to walk right behind the house anyway.
For the rabbit, you can try to make it an event set to same, if it's taller than the player it should display above the player when you're behind and below if you're in front of it.

Last edited:

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, you can walk around Seriosa's house. I tried putting in that sprite display fix script like you said, but I've ran into a big problem:

Tech Demo Con Carne 7_7_2020 10_14_29 AM.png

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I edited my post, sorry about that, don't worry about the script. You can use the rabbit as an event instead of having it in the parallax layers.
What I mean about the house it this:
WOuhMcM.png
You shouldn't be able to walk right behind the house anyway (because it has volume), so you can change your layer division to be more like this.

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm currently using the Yami Overlay mapping script. Is there any way I could use that particular script to have the objects appear under the character instead of over when you walk in front of them? If not, are there any sort of parallax/overlay mapping scripts that are more user-friendly?

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It turns out that the character sprites I use are taller than what you normally use. That may explain why the overlay layer goes under the character instead of over. Is there a way to fix this problem so that my characters can be in front of an object?

skyebot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you checked out some of the mods/plugins for sprite fixes/star tile priority, this forum goes into the one I use pretty well and gives the steps on how to install and run it https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/neon-blacks-large-sprite-fix.50274/ it really I had issues with visual quirks like the ones you seem to have before using this mod, it might not fix your problem though its worth a try! (and as I side note I love the color palette you are using for your game! I love the warm saturated tones *-*)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tall sprite issue is only an issue when you are mapping via the editor. If your whole map is made with parallaxes, the tall sprite thing is not what's causing this issue.

If the cut-off point is where you switch from lower layer to upper layer, I'd just suggest putting more of the house on the lower layer - don't allow the player to walk behind it that close to the bottom.

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've solved the problem! Turns out I need to use the Doodad editor to import the individual pictures and it works great!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The thread seems solved, but I think this thread fits better in Script Requests.

Moved to RGSS3 Script Requests.

@Neonzumi If you thread has been solved you can report it to have it close. Click on the "report" button at the bottom of any of your posts in this thread and write "solved". Thank you!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timiti