[SOLVED, NEVERMIND][VX Ace] Figuring out How To Use Another Fen's Self Variables Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seerfree

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I desperately need a self-variables script for my project, and I found one here https://maker-schmiede.de/WBB4/index.php/Thread/120-Einfaches-Self-Variables-Script/ but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it working. I used Google Translate to read the instructions as the site is in German, but I'm confused as to how it actually works. For a test, I created an event with the intention of making it so that its self variable increased by 1 when you talk to him, and that when it reaches the value 2 he says something, using the script commands given on the website:
RMVXAAnotherFenPractise.PNG
However, when I tested the game and talked to the character, I got this error/crash:
RMVXAAnotherFenError.PNG

Here's an image of how the script looks in my game btw, in case I accidentally copied it wrong (I can't tell):
RMVXAAnotherFenScript.PNG

I'm not sure if the mistake is in how I wrote it or the script itself or what. I'm also not sure if I'm supposed to set the variable before I try to change it, but I didn't see a command for that on the site. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (BTW, I'm intending to use it to create a farming system if it's relevant)

EDIT: Ok, I figured out why I formatted the scripts wrong; google translate messed with the format on the site, so I took it down wrong. I got rid of a few spaces and now it doesn't crash when I talk to the NPC, but it doesn't come up with the dialogue after I talk to him a few times either so I'm not sure if the self variable is working; when I interact with the NPC, he quickly turns to face me before turning back to his original position, without saying anything, even after multiple times.
EDIT 2: Phew OK I figured it out, I was actually just being stupid and using the wrong command q.q ... I had a bit of a misunderstanding. Sorry guys, problem solved!

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnuRavi