Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi. I'm using MV on Arch Linux. The problem is, I accepted the default project location without thinking, even though I don't have a Documents folder. So I don't know where my project is.

As a note to the developers: You can call "mkdir -p" to create a folder along with its path. In this case it would be "mkdir -p /home/user/Documents/RPG Maker" plus the project directory. (If the engine were on GitHub, I'd submit this as an issue.)

I'll try creating the "Documents" folder and get back to you. Thanks for listening.

Success! I can now open the project folder at ~/Documents/Games!

Last edited:

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello!

Try this: Game -> Open Folder
Screenshot-from-2017-03-21-09-14-50.jpg

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I forgot to mention: Steam is installed through flatpak, which isn't exactly ideal. You live and learn.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So did the suggestion above your new post solve the issue for you?

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No, I think reinstalling Steam and MV is the best option. As it is I can't use the "Open Folder" or playtest commands.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
You can try to find the Javascript console when testing the game.
Put -> process.mainModule.filename

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As it is I can't use the "Open Folder" or playtest commands.
why not, what happens?

if you have a project loaded, those buttons should take you there directly.
they would only fail if there is no project loaded, and in that case you can simply make a new project.

the RMs always remember and automatically open the last project, so if that doesn't happen you have no last project for whatever reason. and then you can simply select where to place the new project.

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nothing happened. I installed Steam through flatpak, which isolates it from the rest of the system. That includes any project folders, unfortunately; I copied mine to `~/Documents` to make my life easier. Now I'm installing MV the right way.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
So it was probably in a virtualized location.

Good luck.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anitalains