[Solved] (Partially) Games don't run in Mac Osx High Sierra.

Tomcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi everybody,

Need some help when trying to build a game or running one of the demos. The VN Maker runs without problems, live preview and pressing Play shows the game I'm working on without problems. After building the app through Game > Build For > Mac Os X (NW.js), and trying to run the generated app it just shows a black screen, with the title bar on top. Is not freeze, it just does nothing. I download and try the demo Virtual Life and it has the same behavior.

I try building for Android (Cordova) and the generated HTML file runs only in Firefox. Safari and Chrome just display a Black screen.

I'm running VN Maker V1.0.1034 on a MacBook Pro running OsX 10.13.2.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Confirmed. I went ahead and updated my Macbook and I experienced the same problem with MacOSX High Sierra. We'll look into it. :kaoback:

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi,

I try building for Android (Cordova) and the generated HTML file runs only in Firefox. Safari and Chrome just display a Black screen.
If you directly open an HTML file in a webbrowser, due to security restrictions, it can only run in Firefox. If you put it on a real webserver or a local webserver or upload it to your webspace, it will also work in Safari and Chrome.

I will try to reproduce your other issues.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi again, you can fix that if you go to Database > System in VN Maker and check "Store Game Data in App Data directory" for now. Then if you save your project and then try to export again it should work.

Tomcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi,

Thanks a lot Archeia and Kentou.

The problem was solved doing this:
You can fix that if you go to Database > System in VN Maker and check "Store Game Data in App Data directory" for now.
With this, I can build and run the games in OsX High Sierra. I mention partially because all demos and example games like Virtual Life, that are not build with this option, don't run in High Sierra. Something to consider if you are planning to build games for this platform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D
I got a new computer and can't find my product activation key for MV, what do I do ;-;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medialrs