Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I recently had a power outage and now when I try to open RPG Maker it just shows the splash screen and then closes. The application does appear in task manager while showing splash screen and then goes away once it closes. Does not show up in the task bar at all.

I have tried uninstall RMMV and Reinstall + Restart computer. Still having issue no matter what project I try to open. So it seems RMMV is not functioning. I am lost PLEASE HELP ME! this is very stressful.

1:
Capture.PNG

2:
Capture2.PNG

3: RMMV Closes and nothing in task manager or task bar at all.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you get it through Steam? Sometimes this happens to me and I go into Steam library and open it from there. If not, then sorry, I don't know.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No I purchased it off RPG Maker Web. Thanks for the reply

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any console or diagnose screen I could load? I am having a really hard time dealing with this... :kaocry:

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ugh, This is making me so sad.... I have spent years on my projects... I am heart broken..

:kaodes: ;_;

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam itself before reinstalling MV?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried opening the program using that admin thingy? That has sometimes fixed things in the past for me.

Also, have you tried installing the Steam version and seeing if that works? If you bought MV here, you should've got a Steam key as well.

Have you tried redownloading the MV installer from here? Sometimes files can get corrupted from power cuts. You'd think an installer simply wouldn't work if it was corrupted, though. I don't know enough about this sort of stuff to be all that useful. :(

Last edited:

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam itself before reinstalling MV?

I am using standalone. Not using steam

I will definitely try re downloading the setup files. I will also try the steam key. I was hoping to do a give away with it buttt might have to use it now? :asad:

This is THE WORST... I dont know if I will ever get back into making games if I cannot fix this.

Destroyed my motivation.

Thank you to everyone for your help it means a lot

Last edited:

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey bud, I'm not trying to play mod here, but bumping your thread every 20 minutes isn't going to get you results any quicker. With that being said, have you considered the fact that it might be an issue with your PC after the power-outage? Especially considering you did a fresh install of RMMV and it's still acting up...
Windows has options to restore to a previous desktop state. I'd recommend making a backup of all you game files (saved to USB driver, or upload to the cloud using OneDrive). Once your backups are secure, try doing a system restore through Windows.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tried install it on steam and I am getting the same issue. So I am guessing it has something to do with my PC.

I will look into restoring windows to the day before. Yeah I understand what you mean bout the bump, I just thought it would get seen by more users as this is a huge issue. so I tried to do it through my work day.

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I understand where you're coming from, I would be panicking as well if I were in your position. But good news is, as long as your game files are still intact, restoring your PC to a prior date should hopefully resolve the issue. Best of luck friend!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uranium Please be sure to read through our rules. Bumping before 72 hours is not allowed. I know it seems urgent to you, but please be patient. We have many helpful forum members here, it just may be that the ones who may be best suited to help you are busy today.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks I am just figure if it out on my own.
I will post the steps on here for everyone once I am finished diagnosing this issue.

thanks everyone.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SOLVED:

I had to Reset windows, which removes all the programs installed but keeps all your files etc. So it was a bit of a process about 4 Hours. It was a very good thing in the end as I cleaned up about 400GB of space !!! (Old software and files I didn't need anymore etc.) Windows will give you a read out of all the programs which have been removed when you reset your PC and it will appear on your desktop. (Looks like this):
Removed.PNGRemove2.PNG

Back up PC before, Windows will also produce a folder called "Windows.old" in the C drive which will only be there for a month and then auto deleted. This folder will contain all the old files from your previous version. So you can fine induvial file etc. here if needed also.

Here is the steps:
Settings>Recovery>Reset This PC>Keep Files> Follow steps.

Once your PC is resetting it take some time it will look like it is stuck at 1% for a while but then it gets going eventually.

I used Ninite website to get some staple prgrams reinstalled and any other necessary programs I just install manually. Yes it is a bit of a tedious process but it is what resolved the issue for me.

This completely fixed my computer.

:2k31: Thanks all!! Have a great day.

Here is a treat bcos im so happy now.. This is a litte teaser of a WIP of mine.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lots of cool changes for Battle Castle in the works! Not just reworked dialogue, but gameplay, combat, and possibly lore changes to make things weightier.
Actor2_2 added!

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylion_Shadowwolf