RMMV [SOLVED] Problem with (YEP) Weapon Unleashed Using Passive State (MV)

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have used Yanfly's Weapon Unleashed plugin with no problem for over a month, but I am having a problem using it to replace Guard when using a passive state.

I tried turning off all plugins that might not be necessary and the problem persists.
Replacing guard still works when I attach it to a weapon. I think it also works if I put the tag in the class. However, I need to use it for passive states, so I can change them when you get certain skills.

The Plugin info says there are "Actor, Class, Enemy, Weapon, Armor, State notetags," so states should work for it.

I used Yanfly's Plugin List to try to make sure the plugins are in the right order.

I attached images below of my plugin list, the relevant tags and specifications, the successfully replaced "guard" skill for one actor in game, and the missing replaced "guard" skill for another actor in game. (The default "guard" is "evade" in game.)

Did I do something wrong? Not sure why it's not working.

weaponunleashed plugins.jpg
weaponunleashed01.png
weaponunleashed02.jpg
weaponunleashed04.jpg
weaponunleashed05.jpg

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the thorough post, with all of the information, complete screenshots, and what you've already checked.

I understand that, as a rule, you would want this to work as advertised, but it looks like you're attaching a specific passive state to the shield and the command replacement on there - is there a reason you can't put the Guard replace directly onto the shield?

Then we can poke at the unleash on passives stuff.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The passive state is supposed to be attached to the skill. The notetag for the guard replacement is part of the passive state.

When I attach the guard replace to the class or weapon, it works. It is not working when it is attached to the passive state. I have had a hard time getting notetags to work in states in general, but sometimes they do work.

The overall idea is that I am trying to use a substitute plugin, and I want skills to improve your ability to substitute/cover for allies. Right now I think I got it to automatically protect allies in the back row and I made a cover skill that can also protect someone in the front row.

I was hoping to grant the "cover" skill to characters that get the bodyguard skill (as a replacement for guard (or even a lesser improved guard ability), and I can make a bodyguard state for that. I might also be able to use the bodyguard skill to improve a character's substitute ability as a constant passive state.

Currently, the main option is to make bodyguard a new class. I can replace a guardian character class to give them the cover replacement guard skill and improved general substitute ability. I would then have to make upgrade classes for everyone and change the game a bit.

One reason I don't want this to be on shields is that it is meant for the tank/guardian class, not a general thing, and I want guardians to be able to get better at being a substitute. (Perhaps late game a guard replacement skill could increase counter attacks as well.)

The class change option also disincentivizes the option to make several improved bodyguard types of skills. I would just do one class change rather than multiple cover-improvement skills. It also makes any cover improvement skills more of a late game skill rather than something I would introduce early on.

So, I might not need this plugin issue to be resolved, but it is frustrating that things aren't working as I hoped, and it limits my options.

Thanks for the thorough post, with all of the information, complete screenshots, and what you've already checked.

I understand that, as a rule, you would want this to work as advertised, but it looks like you're attaching a specific passive state to the shield and the command replacement on there - is there a reason you can't put the Guard replace directly onto the shield?

Then we can poke at the unleash on passives stuff.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry! I misread the screenshot, because the icon was the realistic-looking shield I thought it was a piece of armor.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suspect that the Plugin just doesn't work as advertised at this point.

If I am wrong, I would like to have the option to have weapons unleashed work with states.

I already made a class change option to upgrade certain attack and guard skills, but being able to have it happen more could be interesting.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just tested this setup and discovered the following: apparently there is some kind of error in adding the passive state of a skill that gets added to a class via the traits (like you do it).
However both when I added the skill via event command or via the 'skills to learn' box the passive state actually got added and the guard replace worked without issue.
If you really need to add the skill via the traits, I could try to see why it doesn't get added. However I think it would be way easier if you just added the skill as a learning for the class at level 1 and be done with it.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just tested this setup and discovered the following: apparently there is some kind of error in adding the passive state of a skill that gets added to a class via the traits (like you do it).
However both when I added the skill via event command or via the 'skills to learn' box the passive state actually got added and the guard replace worked without issue.
If you really need to add the skill via the traits, I could try to see why it doesn't get added. However I think it would be way easier if you just added the skill as a learning for the class at level 1 and be done with it.
Thanks for looking into this.

Yes, I am just using the class change option right now. I am just hoping to get this to work as a passive state skill to have more options. I added it to traits and that is also working for me -- but not as a passive state skill. I just added the tags to the class.

I have a lot of passive state skills, and I am using a skill tree to add them. There's zero issues with that until now.

I can force an event to add the skill even with the skill tree if that's necessary. I will try that when I have a chance.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could just put the passive state on all the characters and give it a custom condition so it's only active when they're in the Guardian class.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then you could skip the whole thing with the state and give every character directly a custom guard replace.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I came here to suggest the passive-state-on-all-characters-with-condition solution but ATT_Turan beat me to it.

@eomereolsson That won't work if they can change classes.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trihan Why? Where is the functional difference between
a) giving every character the passive state X, always replacing the guard command for actors with state x, but then limiting who actually has that passive state through a custom passive condition looking at the class
b) giving every character a custom guard replace, that only replaces the guard depending on the class?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Trihan Why? Where is the functional difference between
a) giving every character the passive state X, always replacing the guard command for actors with state x, but then limiting who actually has that passive state through a custom passive condition looking at the class
b) giving every character a custom guard replace, that only replaces the guard depending on the class?
Ah, I see what you meant.

The difference is that if you do it for the character you need to give every character the same set of conditional guard replaces, whereas with a passive state you only have to write it out once and then give every character that passive instead.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could just put the passive state on all the characters and give it a custom condition so it's only active when they're in the Guardian class.
I don't think there's a problem with the class solution, as I stated in the past. It works. That was the fallback option that I have been using. I can just make the weapons unleash tag in the class itself.

The issue is adding more relevant passive skills later, such as adding multiple new and improved "guard" replacement skills for a guardian class.

Edit: My Guardian class actually uses weapons unleashed for a guard replacement skill already. They can be promoted to be a bodyguard and get a "cover" skill that is even better.

Edit: @eomereolsson

I tried your idea of attaching passive state skills that use the weapons unleashed tags and it works great. The Skill Tree also works for it.

I think you solved the problem!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.
Okay so, I'm using this script, right? And it works. If you press :Y a menu should come up allowing you to choose an item to use. Nothing happens. You press :A to open the event options menu and choose "Use an Item"? The item selection menu appears. I have no idea how I set this up or why it works the way it does. Absolutely bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashenlingyu