blade2xs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone!
Regarding the QSight plugin (https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QSight) by @Quxios,
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right directions for properly triggering an event when an event "sees" the player? I have the event configured to apply a self switch to A and I can see the changed in the event behavior but the trigger contents dont seem to execute unless I set it to parallell or auto run, which appear to not be the correct way to trigger the actual content (Auto run freezes the player and Parallell seems to rapily fire off the content until I leave the sight range collision)

What is the right way or recommended way to fire off the event contents when an event "spots" the player?

blade2xs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok I believe I solved it though not sure this is the most efficient way basically I set up this approach using all self switches (A-D) available for vanilla MV

I'm going to iterate a bit more for better behavior but this is the gist of it
I create 5 events, the first event set up a custom scripted "alertness" state
Second, is just the guard in a patrolling state
Third is the trigger when the QSight plugin detects the player
Fourth is the "warm up" / "cool down" of when the guard finally fully sees you
Fifth is when the guard is fully alerted to you

I added a simple screen shot od the plugin code I did as well as a gif of the behavior.

This is super rough but it fits along the lines of what I wanted

Attachments

• sample.gif
    sample.gif
    832.3 KB · Views: 8
  • plugin.PNG
    plugin.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 05.PNG
    05.PNG
    108.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 04.PNG
    04.PNG
    188.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 03.PNG
    03.PNG
    91.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 02.PNG
    02.PNG
    84.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 01.PNG
    01.PNG
    108.1 KB · Views: 8

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gotta love when RM just decides it's done with existence and closes when you're in an event.
Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PROYECTO_5555