Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya fellow game devs, this one's kinda off-topic but it's related to my rpg maker game, so I'll post it here-

If I were to theoretically compose a carnival song for my game's OST that utilizes mostly the leitmotif (or melody) from Entry of the Gladiators and occasionally a leitmotif from another song I forgot the name of, with occasional bits of original melody in between, would it could as an original song I could put in a commercial game or would the use of the leitmotifs make it not fair use and therefore I could not use it in a commercial game?

Thank you in advance! ^w^

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Julius Fucik has been dead for 115 years, so anything he composed is squarely in the public domain.

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
alright, good to know- Thank you!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".
no, not my duct tape, anything but my duct tape!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armyrule94