Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone,

I have edit my game to adapt it to the Traits of VS Elements and Status: Gender, Race, Nature, Alignment, Blessing and Curse.

Now I'm creating a "Hunter" class and its attacks deals different damage depending of the "Race" of the monster (Anti-Bug, Anti-Beast…), but I don't know how to use the "Race" to configure an attack that deal a.atk if you are "Human" but a.atk*2 if you are a Bug.

My idea is to create the "Races" in the "Element" tab and use <Received Element Bug Rate: 1.5%> in the Enemy tab, and create an atack with "Bug" element to deal more damage.

I think there should be another way to use the Trait "Race" better than duplicate it as "Element".

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
As long as you don't abide by the D&D is racist to Orcs, this could be interesting, just as sea creatures being superior to fight in water with earth denizen and vice versa.

I also have a character with additional limbs and I don't think I am specist by giving them as many more attack possibilities as their extras. ^^

Raith

Squire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone,

I have edit my game to adapt it to the Traits of VS Elements and Status: Gender, Race, Nature, Alignment, Blessing and Curse.

Now I'm creating a "Hunter" class and its attacks deals different damage depending of the "Race" of the monster (Anti-Bug, Anti-Beast…), but I don't know how to use the "Race" to configure an attack that deal a.atk if you are "Human" but a.atk*2 if you are a Bug.

My idea is to create the "Races" in the "Element" tab and use <Received Element Bug Rate: 1.5%> in the Enemy tab, and create an atack with "Bug" element to deal more damage.

I think there should be another way to use the Trait "Race" better than duplicate it as "Element".

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
I don't know if this even answer your question, but the infamous Dragon Quest JRPG series used that concept heavily in the form of race vs weapon since the player will always be human (e.g bird monsters are weak vs bow, beast monsters are weak vs spear, etc.). The same game I mentioned of course also use classic fire-ice-wind-etc elemental damage in even lesser scale.

So, go on! It is cool to do that actually.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the idea of races as elements is actually how most games with this feature work it out.
for linking race advantage to skills you will want a multi-element types plugin (yanfly has 1)
this is mainly for magical hit type skills (inferno = magical dealing more to targets weak to fire and beast)

for physical based skills you would just want the race element being either a weapon trait or a state adding attack element while the physical skills all use element:Normal Attack
physical skills that add an element will need the multi-elements plugin (flame slash = normal attack + fire)

personally i dont like linking race elements to skills directly, it kinda makes having normal elements pointless. this would only work good if weapons never have race advantage and it is only 1 class/character that could use these skills. this basically just makes a physical damage character have a wizard's mentality.
(hunter just needs to know a monsters race, wizard just needs to know monsters weakest element)

having the race element on the weapon itself is generally how most games do it.
dragon killer sword doesnt help if your casting Zap. dragon sword + dragon slash = no real difference
dragon sword + quadra slash = now we see something.
the advantage of these weapons (and double attack weapons) is only temporary as a weapon with 50higher attack could do the same damage but to any mob.
the tricky part is getting the balance right (usually the element rate% on the enemies).
a lv50 weapon with 250atk and dragon killer shouldnt be doing more damage then a lv99 legendary weapon with 350atk.
these weapons should only feel like a mild bonus and never feel like its required to kill boss and progress.

ive played around with this feature a couple times and found 130% element rate good starting point for testing and balancing but that also gets changed based on what the normal element weakness rates are.

Last edited:

miyanke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The idea of using pasive states is very good. I'll try it.

Thank yo for the help.

miyanke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for double posting but I found something that could be useful but I cannot make it works.
Reading VS Elements and Status I found this:
Trait Sets are new properties added to RPG Maker MZ through this plugin. They're used to streamline the process of applying traits to actors and enemies through the database.

Instead of having to manually adjust the elemental rate of each enemy, you can now assign them to a Trait Set (through the Plugin Parameters) and then assign that Trait Set to an enemy or batch of enemies instead. This means that all enemies with <Element: Fire> would be weak and resistance to the same elements determined by the Elemental Fire Trait Set.

These Plugin Parameters adjust how Trait Sets are handled on a general scale within your game.
I tried <Race: Bicho> (Bicho = Bug) and It works. I configured this "race" to be weak 3.00 times damage [which will be lowered to 1.25, it was just for testing] from "Bicho" element, so now a "Bug-killer" attack just have to use "Bicho" element.

Maybe this can make you work in your ideas.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Once again working on a game I'm not sure I'm going to sell or even publish
That feel when you're awake past midnight and suddenly you're one year older :ninja:
I miss collaborations, but I don't know how to find someone to make face parts just to share them with others, and even though I don't like writing or music, I can't trust anyone with writing on my game because it has themes that are easy to mess up, and music needs a clear tone and scenes.
People donating to me for my upcoming birthday so I can pay my team a little. Such angels, I'm so happy. T uT I smile so much my face hurts. Good souls in this world.
Playing Ragnarok Online again is very nostalgic. The last time I played it was 20 years ago, when I was ten-twelve old.
My first mmorpg.^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashstop